LP sac fail!

crawltech

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Paired The male, and female in the beginning of june, and a couple more times throughout july/aug until she refused him

fed her up over the next few months....she decided to drop a sac last week(jan13-15th)....she made a really small web bowl, and dropped only a small amount eggs??...she seemed like she was taking good care of it??..very protective of it......yesterday i noticed it seemed small and mis-shapped??:wall:...decided to pull it and found that it was bad....opened it and found black mushy eggs :(....not dried out, jus went bad,... what happened??

Anyone with any input on what might have went wrong, would be greatly appreciated??....this was my 1st terrestrial sac(only ever had Avic sp sacs previous to this one)

Edit...i think their was lack of a good seal on the sac...even tho their was no spillage??....jus a bad wrapp job

:wall::?

Ingar

Arachnopeon
There must be various explanations..
One, the most important, microclimate - you can't keep T with sac in usuall conditions. There must be temperature a bit raised.
Other - maybe mating went bad. Even if you see male touching female's fussilae with pedipalps, there still exists possibility that semen don't reach spermatecae.. So thats means that eggs can be unfertilized..
Other one - there still can be incorrect microclimate. Too much raised humidity gives a choce to fungi and bacteria to live and feed on eggs - killing them in this way..
But don't shout yourself. Anyway that was good try and I believe yor experience will grow in relation with new good spiderlings :)

crawltech

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Thanx for the reply!.....i think the sac was to thin, and ended soaking thru to the outside, drawing in contaminents...even tho the sub was bone dry, the the"dirt" residue alone, was enough to spoil it.Humidity was only supplied via large water dish, and natural 60% in the room

Like i say, i knew there was somthing wrong...she jus didnt lay down enough web as a base.....i couldnt believe when i noticed that she ahd already dropped the eggs in.....i figured it was too soon.

Ingar

Arachnopeon
If see such a thin layer of web, you schould take eggs from mother T, and incubate yourself from beggining to very end.
In my practice it helps on 75%.
Thats for advice... :)

crawltech

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
live and learn, i guess.....

Thanx for your replies, Ingar