LP premolt?

Christianb96

Arachnoknight
I have a 1" L. Parahybana who 2 weeks ago sealed off her hide. She has not come out for food/water. How long does this species generally take to molt at this size? Should I check on her or give her more time? I'm new to keeping Ts so I have a bit of new keeper paranoia as I havnt had one molt yet. I keep the enclosure (small critter keeper) around 78F and dry except a small portion of substrate by the water dish.

Timc

Arachnosquire
Leave it be. Keep the water dish full and keep the temp warm. From your description you're doing fine. Two weeks isn't very long for a tarantula. The only question I have is was the abdomen dark the last time you saw the spider? That's an obvious sign of pre molt.

Christianb96

Arachnoknight
I don't recall but she was refusing food before she blocked off the hide. Thanks! That's reassuring!

Timc

Arachnosquire
Oh then yeah she should totally be getting ready to, if not already molting down there. In another couple weeks if you don't see her then worry. Until then, let her do her thing. Maybe toss a prekilled prey item in there for a day and see if it disappears. But otherwise don't worry.

Charlottesweb17

Arachnopeon
I have a 1" L. Parahybana who 2 weeks ago sealed off her hide. She has not come out for food/water. How long does this species generally take to molt at this size? Should I check on her or give her more time? I'm new to keeping Ts so I have a bit of new keeper paranoia as I havnt had one molt yet. I keep the enclosure (small critter keeper) around 78F and dry except a small portion of substrate by the water dish.
Following