lp not in death curl but unresponsive

ballpythonteen

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i got an LP about a month ago it has yet to eat but it isnt getting thin. today when i checked on her she was as if she was dead just not in death curl. I have her in the icu but can anyone tell me what they think it could be oif r this happen to anyone else

xhexdx

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
That'll happen.

They don't need to be in a death curl to die.

ballpythonteen

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
that sucks. illl keep it till it stinks i guess. its weird though it was just running around this morning i guess thats how it goes, thats life for you right.

---------- Post added at 09:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:31 PM ----------

sorry, thanks for the reply tho

xhexdx

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Welcome. If it turns out it's indeed dead, sorry for your loss.

peterock44

Arachnopeon
unexpected deaths suck big time. i jsut lost my L.niggerium this morning so i feel your pain, sorry for the loss

gmrpnk21

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I read posts like this and want to go home and check. On my little ones. Sorry for your loss.

ballpythonteen

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
thank you all. sorry for you loss peterock. im pretty sure its dead, but its dark spot on its abdomen is gone tho. have to stay strong in a time like this for the other spiders so they know everything will be allright

paassatt

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
have to stay strong in a time like this for the other spiders so they know everything will be allright
This will open up another can of worms, and I guess I'll go ahead and get in my two cents before this thread eventually gets locked for being yet another flame war about a tarantula's "emotions".

Your spider cannot discern whether you are sad, happy or indifferent.

Embers To Ashes

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
This will open up another can of worms, and I guess I'll go ahead and get in my two cents before this thread eventually gets locked for being yet another flame war about a tarantula's "emotions".

Your spider cannot discern whether you are sad, happy or indifferent.
But it does make the person feel better when they believe that the Ts understand. Sorry for your loss. Do you have any thereys on why she died?

ballpythonteen

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
just so i dont sound crazy, i was just kidding. i was making light of the situation . i dont think they care if another T dies or even knows it died. i was making a joke.

esotericman

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
The death curl happens when the internal pressures drop, due to dehydration usually, and the leg muscles or exoskeleton structural components cause the leg to retract. Extended legs take internal pressure, which stops when the hearts stop.

I guess what I'm saying is that a death curl is not 100% going to happen every time.

I am sorry for the loss of your pet.

peterock44

Arachnopeon
mine i got from paul at petcenter, not sure on age, but it had molted for the second time in my care a few days prior to death. it was moving around fine (stretching and whatnot) then poof, deathcurl, put in icu but no response at all for 2 days. s/he was about 1.5-2 inches. dont wanna highjack the op's thread though.

always wanted a lp, just aint got around to one yet (scorps are more interesting to me atm), anyway op, sorry for the loss