LP Molt

jdoolittle761

Arachnopeon
When would be an appropriate time to try to feed her if she molted about 1-2 days ago.

P.s.
How do I get these damn crickets to stop chirping?

Timc

Arachnosquire
1) depends how big she is. Larger spiders take longer to recover and harden from a molt.

2) you don't. It's what they do.

Timc

Arachnosquire
Might be alright. It's hard to see the fangs on this species since they don't climb all that much. There are some people who will wait a whole month at that size. Try something soft like some sort of larve if you're worried the hardening process isn't complete.

sdsnybny

Arachnogeek
When would be an appropriate time to try to feed her if she molted about 1-2 days ago.

P.s.
Only the males with wings chirp, feed them off 1st ;) And 2 weeks minimum for a sub adult/adult T

sasker

Arachnoprince
Perhaps you can use a different kind of feeder. Crickets might be the go-to prey item, but they are noisy, smelly and more difficult to keep alive than dubia roaches, super worms and many other insects.

Leila

Arachnobaron

P.s.
:rofl::rofl:To be clear, I was laughing at your cricket question. I keep my colony of crics far away from me, so their chirping is no issue.

I would lose my flipping mind if I had to share a room with crickets. :arghh::dead: