LP Molt

jdoolittle761

Arachnopeon
I am very certain that my LP is going to molt, her abdomen is black and shiny. I need to add more substrate into her cage. I don't want to bother her but I also am not sure if she will molt. She blocked off the front of her hide with dirt and she hasn't come out for the past 2 months but her abdomen turned black a few days ago.
All help is appreciated

Arachnomaniac19

Arachnolord
Pics of the tank would be better. If she's blocked it off I'd recomend leaving her alone since they're pretty sensitive during their molting cycles.

jdoolittle761

Arachnopeon
I would get a picture of her but her abdomen is facing to the entrance to the hide so you can't really see it.

14pokies

Arachnoprince
LP don't need a huge amount of substrate but I would add more.. No need to move her to do it just slowly add it in eveny untill it covers about half the hide.. When she is ready to come out she will still have plenty of space to crawl of her hide.

jdoolittle761

Arachnopeon
Also there is some webbing in the bottom of the enclosure. I don't think it's mold but will post pictures asap

jdoolittle761

Arachnopeon
LP don't need a huge amount of substrate but I would add more.. No need to move her to do it just slowly add it in eveny untill it covers about half the hide.. When she is ready to come out she will still have plenty of space to crawl of her hide.
Did it, guess now all I can do is wait.

Charlottesweb17

Arachnopeon
Mine hide under their subtracted all the time to molt, infact one has repaired her burrow and is currently hiding in with a hole.
She hid in there a month and molted in there. I just leave her alone.
My other has discovered his hide and getting ready to molt as well. Again I am just leaving him alone!
As someone told me it's a safe place for them so they will molt in there and spend a lot of time. Whatever time I get with them I take When they come out.