LP hasn't eaten since mid october

minasmorgul

Arachnopeon
Hey All! I bought a LP sling in May of this year, since then he or she has molted twice. Usually, it's feeding response is very strong but since mid October it has been refusing food. Literally turning away from the feeder. I'm assuming it's in premolt but I just want the opinion of someone more experienced than me. Should I continue every couple of weeks to feed it?? I appreciate any advice

Cmac2111

Arachnomac
Arachnosupporter
Not eating isn't a big issue for T's generally speaking, just make sure it has access to water and it should be ok.

Last edited:

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
If it’s continually refusing food that’s a sign it doesn’t want to eat and likely it’s had enough to prepare for ecdysis so you can refrain from trying to feed from now on until it molts

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Hey All! I bought a LP sling in May of this year, since then he or she has molted twice. Usually, it's feeding response is very strong but since mid October it has been refusing food. Literally turning away from the feeder. I'm assuming it's in premolt but I just want the opinion of someone more experienced than me. Should I continue every couple of weeks to feed it?? I appreciate any advice
drop a pic

arthurliuyz

Arachnoknight
Arachnosupporter +
drop a pic
This.

If it has a plump abdomen then it's either in pre-molt or just not hungry. If it has a shriveled abdomen (kind of like a drying, wrinkly fruit) then that could be something of concern. A pic would be really helpful.

thedragonslapper

Arachnosquire
LPs have reputations for being piggly eaters but not eating for a while is a common thing for all Ts of all sizes and ages to do. It usually means they just aren’t hungry. If they have really plump abdomens even small slings can/will survive for what seems to us like ridiculous periods. Ts are ambush predators by nature and have accordingly evolved to survive long times without food whenever need be. Do make sure water is always available however. Patience is key.