LP exhausted from molt?

mschemmy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
My LP just molted and I found it drinking from its water dish. I has plenty of water (two dishes in tank). I also occasionally mist the tank. I went back to check on it a bit later and it was almost on its side hanging half off the water dish. Its legs are up over its eyes ( but not in a death curl). It almost seems that it was too wiped out from the molt to move off the water dish. Is this normal for a T to be so tired from the molt? If so, how soon should I expect it to be moving about. It is about 5-6 inches and I think it is a male. Its last molt was on Father's Day.

Versi*JP*Color

Arachnoknight
Molting is hard for a T,so yes it's exhausted and let it regain some strength for a couple of hours.

webbedone

Arachnobaron
wouldnt you be tired from ripping yourself out of your old flesh and then hardening and growing new skin and hair? Give it good couple of hours and dont feed it for a week or so

barabootom

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I've had larger lasiodora parahybanas take many days to recover from a molt. I wouldn't go anywhere near it for at least several days. Definitely don't try to feed it for at least a week. Once I removed a molt to sex a 6 in T before it had enough time to really harden and I spooked it. It tried to move before it should have and wouldn't eat for months.