LP Enclosure and Maintaining

Charlottesweb17

Arachnopeon
LP Owners!
How often do you clean your LP enclosure and how?
Thinking of starting my LP which I am ordering in a small critter keeper and putting her in a big girl enclosure when she gets big enough.
Also, what type of screen do you put on top? Would a metal one do the trick? I have read several threads that they like to chew and are strong. Don't want my girl popping the lid off !

Arachnomaniac19

Arachnolord
I change it when it gets dirty (once every 3-5 years or so). Screen has a bad reputation with Ts since their chelicerae can get stuck. They can also chew through mesh. I however, haven't had any issues with screen tops. Depending on the sling's size, a small critter keeper might be too big. If her carapace can fit between the holes, she can get out.

Charlottesweb17

Arachnopeon
I change it when it gets dirty (once every 3-5 years or so). Screen has a bad reputation with Ts since their chelicerae can get stuck. They can also chew through mesh. I however, haven't had any issues with screen tops. Depending on the sling's size, a small critter keeper might be too big. If her carapace can fit between the holes, she can get out.
What do you use for L.P sling? Looks as though the one I am possibly getting will be around a 1/4"

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
For 1/4" I like to use vials. Just lets me see them easier. Couple tiny holes for vent and you're done.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Also, what type of screen do you put on top?
Screen is terrible, there's no good reason to use it. They get their tarsal claws stuck in it regularly enough that it warrants not to be used, unless you don't mind your T having less than 8 legs or potentially dying due to lost leg.