Loxosceles Spider-Hunter Article In The New Yorker

Amanda

Arachnolord
Old Timer
My Grandmother dropped off an article to me yesterday that she thought I'd be interested in. {D

It is titled "Spider Woman - Hunting venomous species in the basements of Los Angeles," and was cut from the March 5, 2007 issue of The New Yorker. It follows researcher Greta Binford as she leads the reporter down into the sub-basement of a Goodwill Store in Los Angeles to collect Loxosceles laeta specimens for venom research. It is such a huge infestation that some believe the store to be the epicenter of all Loxosceles laeta infestations in the city! The article also delves a bit into the history of early spider-research.

It's pretty interesting, and should still be available on newsstands if you hurry.

Thanks, Gramma! :clap:

KUJordan

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
sweet! i'll try to check that out. thanks!

oh, and i think my apartment is the central headquarters for all L. reclusa infestations in the Midwest!...

Amanda

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Haha, it's possible.

Look for it tomorrow if you want to find it. It's a weekly magazine, so the issue you want will be replaced as quickly as the individual stores get around to stocking it for Monday.

I checked the website too, and the article is listed in the contents, but not as a clickable link to read. :wall: