Loxosceles deserta

RTTB

Arachnoprince
I have several of these arriving today. Did my research on enclosure/ environment match. Was hoping to hear any tips or experiences anyone was has who has kept this species. These are collected from Southern California desert locales.

RTTB

Arachnoprince
Well apparently this post of mine sucks. Nobody's interested. Ha!

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
Well apparently this post of mine sucks. Nobody's interested.
Or it's an odd little corner of Araneae, rarely visited. The only thing I can contribute is they utilize other animals, mostly mammals, to attract suitable prey. Thus they commonly populate pack rat dens and warrens. It is possible they aren't well adapted to the harsh environment and must also derive some of their habitat from host animals in moisture, excreta etc. Compare to L. Hesperus or L Hasseltii where any dark hole is all it needs to set up shop. This would explain why their range is limited and constrained in comparison to the Latro of that area.

Biollantefan54

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I have mine in a simple delicup. Doesn't need any water, it gets all its water from prey. They can go forever without food as well and grow slowly.

Stugy

Arachnolord
'searches it up and looks at pictures' I want one! 'looks at wallet only to find just $5' I'll wait...
Anyhow since this IS a desert species I would agree with Biollantefan54 concerning care. Sounds like a Sicarius to me (pretty much is but whatever) :p