Lowes Peat Moss

MOBugGuy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
So I went to lowes to pick up my first batch of peat moss an there stored out side so there soked after it rained yesterday. Should I be worried about mites fungus an other stuff since it sits out side 24/7?

BrettG

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
You can always bake it at 250 for 20 minutes or so before use.

codykrr

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Matt. I have never worried about it. Peat is pretty resilient to mold and mites.

Actually I look at it as a plus. because that way its actually easier to moisten down. you will learn quickly that peat most is kinda hard to wet. but once it does it stay moist for a while.

I like to get a spare tub, go to the kitchen sink, turn it as hot as it will get and start spraying it with the hose thingy. once i feel there is enough water in i will start working it in with my hands.

MOBugGuy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Matt. I have never worried about it. Peat is pretty resilient to mold and mites.

Actually I look at it as a plus. because that way its actually easier to moisten down. you will learn quickly that peat most is kinda hard to wet. but once it does it stay moist for a while.

I like to get a spare tub, go to the kitchen sink, turn it as hot as it will get and start spraying it with the hose thingy. once i feel there is enough water in i will start working it in with my hands.
Cool man, Thanks. Hey my avic avic should molt out to 2nd instar any day if your wantin any.