low on protein?

EndlessForms

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
hey i have a juvi archispirostreptus gigas [i think] and it's been nipping at me. seriously, it was biting me. i've read that this may mean it's low on protein? could this be why? and, if so, what should i feed it to get more protein?

thanks and God bless

Fyreflye

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Give it some melon rind and see if it stops.
Melon rind has protein? Never thought about that one. Interesting. I've read that it's okay to mix some dry dog food into their soil for protein. That seems easy and safe, or am i wrong?

EndlessForms

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Melon rind has protein? Never thought about that one. Interesting. I've read that it's okay to mix some dry dog food into their soil for protein. That seems easy and safe, or am i wrong?
yeah that works but it can mold so i'm leaning toward the melon rind...

Elytra and Antenna

Arachnoking
Arachnosupporter +
Actually it contains important amino acids which are the building blocks of proteins but my suggestion was in reference to food value. Mixing dry dog food into the soil is a recipe for fouling and mite infestations.