Louisville Zoo

lesliefox719

Arachnopeon
Recently went to the Louisville Zoo. We had been to Nashville's, but the Louisville Zoo blew them away a thousand times over (and they were cheaper than Nashville's).

090.jpg

107.jpg

Just a couple of T's among the many that they had, plus an amazing display of North American species of T's, and more venomous snakes than I have ever seen in one place. I actually managed to get picks of almost everything - until my phone died :cry:

atraxrobustus

Arachnoknight
interesting. Those appear, from what I can see to be a B. Smithi and a G. Pulchra. Would expect more unusual species.

Sarkhan42

Arachnoangel
Intersting, wasn't aware that there was anything within genus Theraphosa which would be that dark, and that particularly the T. Stirmi would be much lighter than that, id expect.
These are the same spider, different time in the molt cycle with different lighting, you can get some surprising shifts in coloration.

Attachments

NukaMedia Exotics

#1 Tarantula Vendor in the USA! Ships Nationwide.
Awesome that they keep tarantulas, my local zoo has a reptile house section that has most things except for tarantulas!

Queen Isabella

Arachnopeon
I have never seen tarantulas in a zoo, not in person anyway.havnt been to a zoo in 8-10 years though