Louisiana Tarantula Owners/Breeders

Chebe6886

Arachnobaron
So I’ve been out of the hobby for a while. Upon my return I find my favorite genus (poecilotheria) is all but unavailable to me. Figured I’d start a Louisiana post in hopes of finding people with pokies as well as any other tarantulas in Louisiana. So if you’re in the Boot let us know and hopefully we can help each other out.

fried rice

Arachnoknight
Im not from Louisiana but if you dont mind buying online pinchersandpokies.com has 1” Poecilotheria regalis slings for sale.

Chebe6886

Arachnobaron
Thanks for the heads up I saw that so does Ken the Bug guy. Never bought from either but Ill likely will get a couple from one of those guys but hoping to find some of the more colorful species(rufilata, Formosa, Metallica, etc)

cold blood

Staff member
Why limit yourself....breeders from all over the country are at your finger tips.

My latest regalis sac just started molting to 1i. 20200522_154939.jpg

Olan

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I am in Louisiana (New Orleans)
My only pokie is an adult female fasciata, who will not be bred because of the endangered species listing.
I do occasionally breed random species though. Just produced a sac of P. sazimai.

Chebe6886

Arachnobaron
That’s awesome. How long before you can sell them you think?
definitelyhold a few for me when ready. I’m in BR so definitely worth the trip

Chebe6886

Arachnobaron
Dumb question just realized you You said “just made a sac” obviously it’s gonna be a bit. Although I have no clue how fast they take to hatch or growth rate

bloodstonecircle

Arachnopeon
I know this thread is nearly a year old, and I'm not a breeder myself, but arachnid people are so scarce here in New Orleans that I had to pop in and say hi! I've had some awesome luck with the vendors at Herpshow, always tons of slings there (whenever we can have another one). 50 Fathoms has tarantulas and they had a P. Metallica a few months ago, but their pricing is interesting, to say the least. Still worth keeping an eye on though!

Olan

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Hi bloodstonecircle,
Yeah, the herpshow is worth going to. Definitely found some good stuff there.
Never been to 50 Fathoms. Maybe I’ll check it out.