Louisiana Funnelweb

possumburg

Arachnosquire
Wanted to share these. Not sure what they are, but they are pretty cool. Found about a million of them out in the woods along a logging road. Here's the best pics I got.

Any idea on I.D.?

Terry D

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Joey, Rustier n' heck on trues :? Not 100% certain, but probably Agelenopsis naevia.

Another similar genus and sp- Tegenaria domestica has yet to be found, but should occur here. :)

Terry

possumburg

Arachnosquire
That first one looks like it based on a Google image search. Thanks man, these things are pretty cool to me, got another pic the other day where you can just see the tips of a few legs down in the hole I like that one a lot.

Terry D

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Keep it up!

Joey, Crank out as many close-focus photos of different spiders that you can. The nw La. list has many possibilities waiting to be found- although some/cryptic spp will still need to be collected.

possumburg

Arachnosquire
Will do I love taking pics and I love spiders, so that won't be a problem! I gotta get me a macro lens though, cuz there are lots of different kinds of spiders on a Cedar tree in my front yard that are just too small to get pics of with my regular lenses.