Lost tarantula

Rainey

Arachnopeon
Hey guys, so I left my house last night around 7 pm and when I got back this morning around 10 am I saw that my tarantula had escaped her tank by a little crack that I hadn’t noticed before I left. I have had her for over a year now and never lost her before. I believe she is a curly haired tarantula, but I’m not sure where to look or what to do.. her tank was in my room on a shelf and I have looked all over the cabinet that it was on and everywhere I can think of in my room. The doors were closed but she still could’ve gotten out of the cracks under the door. She is in premolt and usually isn’t active at that time, but for some reason she has been climbing on the sides of the tank and being very active in the days before her escape. I find this unusual because she usually just hides under her rock and doesn’t move much expect to catch her food, especially when she is about to molt. I don’t know what to do so I’m hoping someone can help me or give me suggestions on how I can go about finding her. I have two dogs and I’m very worried that they may find her before I do and that they will get hurt. 😓

omni

Arachnobaron
are you sure it's not burrowed in, as premolt T's often seal themselves in... 1 yr, how big is it?

Rainey

Arachnopeon
are you sure it's not burrowed in, as premolt T's often seal themselves in... 1 yr, how big is it?
She laid down her web layer over the top of the substrate but she isn’t in it. She’s not very big, maybe about three inches long. She’s only molted one other time and when that happened, she went under her rock and didn’t come out for a month.

omni

Arachnobaron
you have a little hope to find. at least you could see it from a few feet away. look around furniture legs, dark corner... comb the room like a forensic team, grid pattern, floor level most likely, but if it was on a shelf, a fall wouldn't bode well. GL I hope you find the little guy! I have lost 4 eensy weensy slings that I can remember.

Rainey

Arachnopeon
you have a little hope to find. at least you could see it from a few feet away. look around furniture legs, dark corner... comb the room like a forensic team, grid pattern, floor level most likely, but if it was on a shelf, a fall wouldn't bode well. GL I hope you find the little guy! I have lost 4 eensy weensy slings that I can remember.
I’m gonna keep looking. I love that little thing so I hope she turns up. Anyway, thank you for your input!! Much appreciated.

Swagg

Arachnoknight
So 3” is typically not a sling. I would like to see pics of the enclosure it escaped from.

Rainey

Arachnopeon
Hey guys, so I left my house last night around 7 pm and when I got back this morning around 10 am I saw that my tarantula had escaped her tank by a little crack that I hadn’t noticed before I left. I have had her for over a year now and never lost her before. I believe she is a curly haired tarantula, but I’m not sure where to look or what to do.. her tank was in my room on a shelf and I have looked all over the cabinet that it was on and everywhere I can think of in my room. The doors were closed but she still could’ve gotten out of the cracks under the door. She is in premolt and usually isn’t active at that time, but for some reason she has been climbing on the sides of the tank and being very active in the days before her escape. I find this unusual because she usually just hides under her rock and doesn’t move much expect to catch her food, especially when she is about to molt. I don’t know what to do so I’m hoping someone can help me or give me suggestions on how I can go about finding her. I have two dogs and I’m very worried that they may find her before I do and that they will get hurt. 😓
Found her!!!

Pyroxian

Arachnophobophiliac
Found her!!!
That's great news! Please add detail about how and where you found the escapee so that future people in the same situation who search and read this can benefit from your experience.

Rainey

Arachnopeon
I found her after hours of searching every little crack and crevice she could be in. She is a terrestrial species so I figured I wouldn’t find her anywhere that required her to crawl high up the wall. I ended up finding her after I pulled my stove away from the wall. She was on the floor behind the stove where the corner of the kitchen counter meets the wall. I honestly got pretty lucky finding her, but if it ever happens again in the future, I’ll be looking behind/under the fridge, stove, washer/dryer, etc. Places that she would find optimal darkness and easy access by just crawling around on the floor.

Poonjab

Arachnoking
I found her after hours of searching every little crack and crevice she could be in. She is a terrestrial species so I figured I wouldn’t find her anywhere that required her to crawl high up the wall. I ended up finding her after I pulled my stove away from the wall. She was on the floor behind the stove where the corner of the kitchen counter meets the wall. I honestly got pretty lucky finding her, but if it ever happens again in the future, I’ll be looking behind/under the fridge, stove, washer/dryer, etc. Places that she would find optimal darkness and easy access by just crawling around on the floor.
Good work.

Arachnophoric

Arachnoangel
I'd be planning more on how to prevent future escapes than how to find her if she escapes again. Get her a new enclosure if she can get out of her current one; once they find the fault in their setup, they will definitely exploit it again.

Glad you found her. Very lucky, since she just as easily could have crawled into a vent or something and never been seen again. 😱

Goopyguy56

Arachnoangel
I had my first t escape for a week once. I thought one of the cats probably got to it. I walked passed my closet one day and saw some little pedipalps sticking out of one of my overturned shoes. I reached in, grabbed her and put her back. Got pretty lucky. That was the last time I had an escape and that was probably 10 years ago. Good learning experience. It was my roommates fault. He was messing with the lid when he was drunk one evening and didn't close it correctly.

Rainey

Arachnopeon
A
I'd be planning more on how to prevent future escapes than how to find her if she escapes again. Get her a new enclosure if she can get out of her current one; once they find the fault in their setup, they will definitely exploit it again.

Glad you found her. Very lucky, since she just as easily could have crawled into a vent or something and never been seen again. 😱
Already purchased a new top for her enclosure!! Haha