Lost sling

Danny1aguirre

Arachnopeon
Hello I lost my new A. Avicularia I believe the night before I accidentally left it’s lid slightly open and looked on the ceiling and walls no hope it’s at least 1/4” it’s very tiny any ideas where to look I also share my room with two cats and a giant puppy. So any ideas ASAP would help I won’t be sleeping tonight that’s for sure.

BoyFromLA

Spoon feeder
Arachnosupporter +
As for the losing a sling or losing a tarantula situation, honestly 3rd party can’t be much helpful at all. You are the one and only, who can help you.

Only answers I can give you are:

1. Good luck.
2. Best wishes for you and for your sling.
3. Keep searching.
4. Search harder.
5. Hope to hear a good news soon.

Poonjab

Arachnoking
As for the losing a sling or losing a tarantula situation, honestly 3rd party can’t be much helpful at all. You are the one and only, who can help you.

Only answers I can give you are:

1. Good luck.
2. Best wishes for you and for your sling.
3. Keep searching.
4. Search harder.
5. Hope to hear a good news soon.
Only correct answers.

Hakuna

Arachnoknight
If possible maybe try to limit the cats and dog from getting in the room; that doesn’t bode well for spider survivability. Check dark places, and maybe periodically shut the lights off and check again if you haven’t found it already.

Liquifin

Arachnoking
I don't know your area where you kept your sling, but I recommend checking the higher areas and anywhere that has a tight spot such as small cracks for example. Small tarantulas tend to try and hide in tight spaces to avoid predators or anything that can harm it. Tarantulas are instinctual animals, so maybe think where they would go possibly? I hope you the best on finding it.

8 legged

Arachnoprince
I would also search the upper third of the room for hiding places. A sling can unfortunately hide you in the smallest cracks. Lamps are a source of heat. I would start with shady places near the lamp. Or lurk in the dark with the blue light ...
Good luck!

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Look everywhere- learn from your mistakes!! Because a T likely will pay for your mistake with its life.

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
Hello I lost my new A. Avicularia I believe the night before I accidentally left it’s lid slightly open and looked on the ceiling and walls no hope it’s at least 1/4” it’s very tiny any ideas where to look I also share my room with two cats and a giant puppy. So any ideas ASAP would help I won’t be sleeping tonight that’s for sure.
Any updates?

Matt Man

Arachnoprince
look up, look under any shelves. It's an avic, they tend to go up. With all these "i left the lid open" that keep popping up my first thought is 'substance use and/or abuse' among handlers.