Lost my sling

BillsSpider

Arachnoknight
Not really a question, just feeling super bummed. My B.boehmei sling that I've been waiting so long to molt got stuck in her molt and passed, wasn't much I could do to help her. emilia1.jpg

CJJon

Arachnokrólewicz
Not really a question, just feeling super bummed. My B.boehmei sling that I've been waiting so long to molt got stuck in her molt and passed, wasn't much I could do to help her. View attachment 346067
Bummer...sorry. If you would like a critique of your set up, post some pics. Just to make sure there isn't any husbandry issues that need to be tweaked.

BillsSpider

Arachnoknight
I appreciate the offer but I know what the issue was, she wouldn't eat for months and then stopped drinking so she didn't have enough internal moisture to lubricate the molt and got stuck :( Had a great big water dish right next to her

BillsSpider

Arachnoknight
So it appears that she is not only a zombie and still alive but she is not the B.boehmei I purchased but is in fact a B.emilia now to see if I can get the stuck exuvia off legs out.jpg

basin79

ArachnoGod
She was completely unresponsive to any stimulus and in a death curl for hours
A moult for a tarantula is extremely tiring. Dangerous and tiring. After they moult they're absolutely exhausted. Being on their back with their legs tucked in not moving is normal and natural. It's NOT a death curl.

Imagine you've ran a marathon and then had a pro wrestler throwing you around. You'd be knackered and not be too keen to move.

BillsSpider

Arachnoknight
I realize, I made a rookie mistake even though I've been keeping for several years. She fooled me, but at least she is alive and I'm working ways to get the molt off

EpicEpic

Arachnoangel
I realize, I made a rookie mistake even though I've been keeping for several years. She fooled me, but at least she is alive and I'm working ways to get the molt off
LEAVE HER ALONE!!! SHES ALMOST THERE AND NEEDS NO HELP!!!!

STOP TOUCHING HER!!! SHE'S NOT STUCK !!THE PROCESS CAN TAKE A LOOOONG TIME!!

GO FOR A WALK!! [Seriously]

Last edited:

CJJon

Arachnokrólewicz
Stop monkeying with it. No more flash shots, no help with the exuviae and this point. Chill! :cool: