LOST: GBB

Nightstalker47

Arachnoking
Hahaha. Pretty soundly. Ironically I found it behind my bed while doing laundry. I was folding shirts and one slipped down the gap between the bed and the wall,. I reached down to pick it up and boom, there was the OBT
That's priceless, I would have been so paranoid if one of those got loose, especially for 6 months. I had an A.avic escape once and I couldn't relax till it was found, only loose for one night but still freaked me out.

Grimmdreadly

Arachnopeon
Honestly, I thought it wouldn't survive the winter, due to the fact that I don't have central heat in my apartment. But it proved me wrong. It was slightly dehydrated but otherwise healthy

Goodlukwitthat

Arachnoknight
Congrats on finding your sling! You are one of the lucky few to do so. Def keep in mind smaller air hole sizes are better and you can poke as many as you want/need for slings.

Nightstalker47

Arachnoking
Honestly, I thought it wouldn't survive the winter, due to the fact that I don't have central heat in my apartment. But it proved me wrong. It was slightly dehydrated but otherwise healthy
Super hardy Ts, I can't think of much that would outlast them.
@Grimmdreadly you sir, are a brave soul. I would have been destroying my apartment to find it and I don't even want to imagine the panic from my gf lol
Haha, you mean ex-girlfriend :D

Python

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I had an adult lividum/lividus (whatever they are today) that kept getting out no matter what. I ended up putting a pile of books on the top of the tank and it still got out. It always went to the same spot, across the room behind a big snake cage. I actually had to leave it there for a couple of days one time. I was in a rush and didn't have time to try and wrangle it out of the corner. When I came back it was still there. That happened several times despite having cage clips on the tank and a stack of books up there. I still don't know how it managed it.

Nightstalker47

Arachnoking
I had an adult lividum/lividus (whatever they are today) that kept getting out no matter what. I ended up putting a pile of books on the top of the tank and it still got out. It always went to the same spot, across the room behind a big snake cage. I actually had to leave it there for a couple of days one time. I was in a rush and didn't have time to try and wrangle it out of the corner. When I came back it was still there. That happened several times despite having cage clips on the tank and a stack of books up there. I still don't know how it managed it.
If it got out that many times there clearly must've been a flaw in your enclosure, that's a ridiculous amount of escapes from one T. Maybe it was pushing the lid up somehow, they are stronger then they appear. What kind of lid were you using?

Trenor

Arachnoprince
It used a glass cutter to cut a hole out of the bottom of it's burrow. Then it chuckled to itself every time you added more books. :D

Python

Arachnolord
Old Timer
It was a screen cover. There was probably 10 lbs or more on it. I had the thing for a long time before it ever started doing that. It escaped pretty regularly for a couple of weeks then it stopped again. No idea what was the problem. I didn't change anything so I chalk it up to wanderlust. Maybe it was looking for a male since one never came to call on her. Who knows. All I know is, except for that brief time, it never came out of it's burrow except to decimate the poor feeders that were unlucky enough to wander across her threshold.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
What my brain fails to accept and to realize is that when it comes to enclosures basically the T's hobby is one of the few out there where, among the DIY, or the cheap (and useful) things around "you" someone can use and that could turn into enclosures, are certain vendors selling "pre made" enclosures/starter/beginners whatever stuff.

Mah :-s

D Sherlod

Arachnoknight
Hahaha. Pretty soundly. Ironically I found it behind my bed while doing laundry. I was folding shirts and one slipped down the gap between the bed and the wall,. I reached down to pick it up and boom, there was the OBT
Your really lucky it was "boom" there it was....my luck would be "bammmm" , just got bit:cool:

Grimmdreadly

Arachnopeon
What my brain fails to accept and to realize is that when it comes to enclosures basically the T's hobby is one of the few out there where, among the DIY, or the cheap (and useful) things around "you" someone can use and that could turn into enclosures, are certain vendors selling "pre made" enclosures/starter/beginners whatever stuff.

The plastic containers in Walmart. Sterilite tubs and mainstays gallon jars. Work every time for 1.99-5 dollars.

Jason B

Arachnosquire

See the problem is most of the new people to this hobby don't come here first then go buy a spider, there first interaction with the hobby is either a pet store or an online dealer. And both of those places want to sell you more stuff, so they tell you to 'bundle' and save money.

Grimmdreadly

Arachnopeon
See the problem is most of the new people to this hobby don't come here first then go buy a spider, there first interaction with the hobby is either a pet store or an online dealer. And both of those places want to sell you more stuff, so they tell you to 'bundle' and save money.
That's the whole truth of the matter

CyclingSam

Arachnoknight
You ordered them from fear not tarantulas didn't you? I ordered the same package, I used the same enclosure but only for a day because I didn't have a better one. I knew from looking at it that it sucked. It's kind of a way to make money off us beginners. It's a nice enclosure but it's too big for a tiny sling like that plus the one hole thing is crap. I've bought all my Ts from them and although I love the Ts and the woman running it was fairly kind and very concerned about them making the journey. I kinda got annoyed by her lack luster answers to a question my girlfriend asked her about the last time they molted. Her answer made me wonder if they're just a seller and not an actual breeder because she said that the molt dates are included in the packages but only if they molt in their care...

I don't know, I like them but I'm kinda put off at the same time. I may try other sellers.
I know Tanya and she does breed many of the Ts she sales.

GreyPsyche

Arachnosquire
I know Tanya and she does breed many of the Ts she sales.
I really liked doing business with her but wasn't impressed with the enclosure that was sent. I also didn't understand why she was vague with the molting question but like i said, business was good. I was really happy with every other aspect of our transaction.

kevinlowl

Arachnoknight
Congrats on finding your sling! You are one of the lucky few to do so. Def keep in mind smaller air hole sizes are better and you can poke as many as you want/need for slings.
Words of wisdom right here. When I got my first slings I put them in containers with airholes poked with nails and after housing them I found a sling just chilling on top of one of the lids. Luckily he didn't run far cause he's just barely 1.5cm and he'd make a quick snack for those goddamn house lizards. Now my enclosures have their airholes poked with paperclips. Many, many tiny airholes.

AshS

Arachnosquire
I had a rose hair sling escape once. I got back from the pub one night. To my grandad (was living with him at the time) holding a tiny dead T. Poor thing had squeezed out of a 4mm hole, crawled down the cabinet across my room, under my door, across the landing, down the stairs, across the hall way, under the living room door, half way across the living room, where it was promptly stood on by my grandad's dog. I was devistaed but somewhat impressed by how far it got.

Conna

Arachnopeon
Are these holes to big for my little C. Versi? I used a thin nail to poke the holes. Pics inc. Sorry if Pics are hard to see let me know if I need to take new ones. I poked a tonnnnn of holes. 20170504_161245.jpg 20170504_161230.jpg