Lost for words...

antinous

Pamphopharaoh
Old Timer
Just goes to show you that the tarantula hobby isn’t impervious to idiots

Greasylake

Arachnoprince
I... I just... *sigh* and here, ladies and gentlemen, we are witnessing natural selection in real time.
Oh and someone let him know I have a few dehaanis he can hold. They are very fond of giving tight hugs and not letting go.

Wait, that looks like of photoshopped to me. I really hope its photoshop.

Last edited by a moderator:

fleetwoodmcc

Arachnopeon
Reddit has really hit rock bottom in terms of good husbandry and giving handling <edit> a hard time. I wish some keepers from on here would go over there and offer opinions more frequently because a lot of beginners on that board see things like this and get the absolute wrong idea. Handling is upvoted so much there. Terrible advice is frequently given out. It really needs help.

Last edited by a moderator:

Greasylake

Arachnoprince
I thought so too, but there’s shadows on his face as well where the leg is lifted
That's not all that difficult to edit in though. Some of the legs look like they're floating which make it seem fake.

samo102

Arachnopeon
That's not all that difficult to edit in though. Some of the legs look like they're floating which make it seem fake.
Well it was posted defending his friend who’s pic definitely isn’t fake, has several pictures on his profile holding several T’s and them in their enclosure... i don’t get the desire to hold them

Attachments

Greasylake

Arachnoprince
Well it was posted defending his friend who’s pic definitely isn’t fake, has several pictures on his profile holding several T’s and them in their enclosure... i don’t get the desire to hold them
Well yeah that one definitely isn't fake. Well, I guess we should keep an eye out for when he gets bitten and his collection goes for sale for cheap.

UniqueUserName

Arachnopeon
Who cares? He more than likely didn’t get bit, because then he’d be showing that off too. What does it matter if someone wants to be a dumbass with their tarantula? Get over it and let people make stupid decisions if they want to.

antinous

Pamphopharaoh
Old Timer
Who cares? He more than likely didn’t get bit, because then he’d be showing that off too. What does it matter if someone wants to be a dumbass with their tarantula? Get over it and let people make stupid decisions if they want to.
If the person is bit by it and goes to the hospital for a ‘tarantula bite’ news could spread and that could eventually cause more restrictions to our hobby. We already have enough going on with the hobby as is, we don’t need idiots adding to it.

We really need to have this ‘who cares what people do’ mentality out of our hobby.

basin79

ArachnoGod
Dumbest thing I've seen is a bloke jump into a bear enclosure.

FrDoc

Gen. 1:24-25
Arachnosupporter +
Ya know, in part your post is quite correct, and I agree with it...in part. However, Buffoon Boy (if/when he does get bit) will freak and hurt the T. I would like nothing better than to see a picture of his face swollen four times its normal size, crying like a two-year old in an emergency room, but I do care about the spider.

fleetwoodmcc

Arachnopeon
If he wants to do something stupid like that, he can, but posting it gives the wrong idea to plenty of impressionable people. So its not him getting bit, rather, its the next moron who decides its ok and DOES get bit.

UniqueUserName

Arachnopeon
You can’t control the decisions everyone makes. He’s a bad example to unknowing people. So are certain vendors at expo’s that encourage handling to make a sale. The museum that lets you hold “Rosy” the Grammostola rosea. People are going to do what they please no matter how much you whine and complain on an Internet forum. o_O

antinous

Pamphopharaoh
Old Timer
You can’t control the decisions everyone makes. He’s a bad example to unknowing people. So are certain vendors at expo’s that encourage handling to make a sale. The museum that lets you hold “Rosy” the Grammostola rosea. People are going to do what they please no matter how much you whine and complain on an Internet forum. o_O
We can still post about it on the forums in the hope of not encouraging handling tarantulas, especially old worlds to whoever stumbled upon the thread. What I said wasn't whining/complaining, I was stating why we need to care and why we need to change our attitudes on it. This is better than not acknowledging it whatsoever.

samo102

Arachnopeon
Personally with Pokies specifically i think it’s dumb to handle them even if you feel comfortable. Even if you didn’t post pictures. One bite in the neck or face to someone who gets a bad reaction could easily end the trade of the species... i mean they already classified almost half as endangered and put guidelines to end the trade for those species

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
Just goes to show you that the tarantula hobby isn’t impervious to idiots
Nothing is impervious to idiots, if it exists then morons will find a way to ruin it.

Because people being idiots with venomous animals is how you end up with bans on keeping them. All it takes is one person to ruin it for everyone.

Also, as much as I like to see him get tagged and and up in the ER for being a colossal knobwomble, he'll probably kill the tarantula in the process.

basin79

ArachnoGod
Fingers crossed it gets hit by a bus and the tarantula will go to a responsible owner.