Lost a T.

J.huff23

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Yep. I was just feeding my Ts and as soon as I opened the lid to my penultimate male T.gigas enclosure, he bolted up the side, onto the floor, and then slipped into a crack between the floor and the wall.

He wasnt even near the lid when I opened it. He was in his web burrow.

I looked with a flashlight and saw the tips of his back legs, and then he disappeared into the inside structure of the wall.

Great. Now I have to worry about the dogs and cats:wall:

Ictinike

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Yep. I was just feeding my Ts and as soon as I opened the lid to my penultimate male T.gigas enclosure, he bolted up the side, onto the floor, and then slipped into a crack between the floor and the wall.

He wasnt even near the lid when I opened it. He was in his web burrow.

I looked with a flashlight and saw the tips of his back legs, and then he disappeared into the inside structure of the wall.

Great. Now I have to worry about the dogs and cats:wall:

Jake if you can (pending dogs and cats) I would place a small shallow water dish where he made entrance and hope some night in the future days it decides to come down for a drink. The tricky part will be trying to catch him before he drinks and bolts back up into the wall :(

Not saying this will work here's to hoping your guy makes it back into your hands.

J.huff23

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Well I just spent almost an hour flattened against the floor. He was hiding between the floor and the bottom of a shelving unit that was built into the wall. I looked under it with a flashlight and saw him. I put slid newspaper on both side of him and stretched out a shirt hanger and prodded him out into a catch cup. My side hurts because I was so pressed down against the floor for that long, lol.

This isnt the first time that this little bugger has taken off on me, but this is the first time that I almost lost him for good.

I just got off of the night shift at work at around 12:30 AM and came home to feed the Ts and spend another hour looking for this T.

Im very glad (and lucky) that I found him!

Ictinike

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Glad you got him back!

Quite the feisty one it seems, hehe.

seezilla

Arachnopeon
Congrats on getting your guy back. That would have sucked if he'd bolted for good.

NikiP

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Good job on catching it! I swear these Taps can give pokies a run for their money :D

presurcukr

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Good job on catching it! I swear these Taps can give pokies a run for their money :D
+1 If I had to choose who was faster I put Pokies just a hair faster than Taps but not by much.