Looks like a cyst?

Billy 5ek

Arachnopeon
Hello,

it has been ages since i last posted here. I am afraid i have some bad news. I was watering my enclosures today and I saw something strange on my H. Incei gold. It looks like some kind of a cyst or something. It is grey and filled with fluid. See in pics below (I could not get a better pic)

I estimate her age at aprox 7-8 years. I got her as mature female and have her for 5 years now. She molted twice in my care. She is a big girl, almost 3inch in leg span. Might old age be the cause of it?

Any input will be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

Moakmeister

Arachnodemon
I can't quite tell what it is. If she comes out of her burrow take another pic.

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
This seems to be noted after a molt quite regularly. I wouldbt jump to cyst.

Has it moulted recently? Sometimes a piece of old exuviae flakes off and leaves an exposed area of the new exoskeleton behind. I wouldnt worry unless subject stops feeding

Billy 5ek

Arachnopeon
This seems to be noted after a molt quite regularly. I wouldbt jump to cyst.

Has it moulted recently? Sometimes a piece of old exuviae flakes off and leaves an exposed area of the new exoskeleton behind. I wouldnt worry unless subject stops feeding
She has not moulted in the past 2 years and eating normal. So I have no idea what that thing is.

Her abdomen is not in normal position, but is slightly leaning to the opposite site where the cyst is. So that indicates something is going on?

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
better pics are needed.
even then, if it is a cyst, i dont know what one would do to help.

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
Huh, well she looks nice and fat. If there's nothing wrong with her behaviour, I wouldn't worry about it.

Billy 5ek

Arachnopeon
I haven't noticed anything strange except the lump.

I am just afraid her end is near due to old age :(

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
That abdomen is nice and plump. I wouldnt worry just yet.

I used to be a spotty creature :rolleyes:

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
I haven't noticed anything strange except the lump.

I am just afraid her end is near due to old age :(
i had a H mac with a similar thing. looked like a huge dent in her abdomen. i think it was caused by molting i na cramped position. she molted out of it and has been fine since.
also, that is not a symptom of old age. it may be her time soon, but i dont think thats a symptom of it.

Billy 5ek

Arachnopeon
I hope u are right :)

I do have another question. Do you think I should move it away from my collection? I doubt its contagious tho.

Trenor

Arachnoprince
I don't think it will cause issue with your other Ts. I'd just leave it be and see how things turn out. There really isn't much you can do.

Good luck.

Red Eunice

Arachnodemon
I hope u are right :)

I do have another question. Do you think I should move it away from my collection? I doubt its contagious tho.

I've a P. striata that has endured a cyst through multiple molts. It was noticed at around 3", during a vent sexing, at 6" it is still doing fine. Always been in the T room and its neighbors haven't been affected.
Only concern is the location on yours, near the pedicel, may be why its angled. I'd monitor its (cyst) size for sure.

Last edited:

Billy 5ek

Arachnopeon
I've a P. striata that has endured a cyst through multiple molts. It was noticed at around 3", during a vent sexing, at 6" it is still doing fine. Always been in the T room and its neighbors haven't been affected.
Only concern is the location on yours, near the pedicel, may be why its angled. I'd monitor its (cyst) size for sure.
Unfortunately, this thing is growing. It seems like something serious. Quite sad :/

I'm happy to hear your T did not give up! :)

Red Eunice

Arachnodemon
Unfortunately, this thing is growing. It seems like something serious. Quite sad :/

I'm happy to hear your T did not give up! :)
That is disheartening. :(
Hopefully you'll have more time to enjoy her. A cool species to have.

The location on mine, left side mid point of the abdomen, isn't a huge concern. With each molt it increased proportionally, no plans for breeding this one.