looks healthy?

looseyfur

Arachnofur
Old Timer
female curly looks seems healthy ... molted 3+weeks ago still wont eat? any suggestions?

Attachments

Brandon

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Give it more time and water, all you can really do is sit and wait, BTW great color on your t, she looks healthy.

Sincerely,

Brandon

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
She looks really good.
Is she drinking?
Can you see any mouth problems?
Shes most likely just mess'in with your head..

Ernie

Morr

Arachnopeon
What are those orange spots just at the joint between abdomen and cephalothorax? Maybe just tricks of the light?

looseyfur

Arachnofur
Old Timer
dirt

those are dirt.
substrate dirt
bed a beast chunks
I had to dig her out.

loosey

Joy

Priestess of Pulchra-tude
Old Timer
Originally posted by looseyfur
female curly looks seems healthy ... molted 3+weeks ago still wont eat? any suggestions?
IME Brachypelma often take several weeks to recover from a molt. I'd keep offering her food every few days, and note how she reacts. If she ignores it, just keep trying. If she pounces on the food, then releases it, it might be a sign something's wrong with her fangs and you should check her carefully for any abnormality in this area.

Joy

veronyka

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I wouldn't worry too much. My b. vagans is about 1.5 inches now but from the time he was 1.25 until now, he molted once or twice in a 2 month period, where he stayed hidden under the dirt, and didn't eat or come to the surface (despite the fact that I checked on him weekly). He finally just came out one day, and was so much bigger! He is eating well now. Also, my a. versi had two molts in the past 2 months and just ate her first cricket in over two months yesterday. She appears healthy too.. I don't think there is much to worry about; however my two starvation artists are both fairly young.

Kenny

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Offer food.

Hi

I also offer food to my T's when they ( good point Mr.T :D ) mess with my head, i.e., they just doesn't seem to care about it and I get worried about it.

I got my Goliath Pinktoe some week ago , and geez I wished I would have had a digi camera , because the cricket I offered a couple of days after I got her/him was sitting on top of my T.
They looked like "buddies..:D.

Now, yesterday, my Goliath Pinktoe was kinda more fat over her abdomen and the cricket wasn't in there no more, so the T's know what to do when it comes to eating better than we know what to do with their feeding.
There's a saying: " No dog has ever starved itself to death."

My Malaysian Earth Tiger is also an eating-in-the-hidden T, but she/he comes out more abdomen-fat every time.

Just give the T time and she/he will know what to do IME.