Looking to salvage ventilation for an Avic. Juruensis.

Seemannnni

Arachnoknight
Hey guys, good to see you again. Bought this sling enclosure on a whim after looking to rehouse my Juruensis to something a bit nicer following a molt. While the build quality is good, research appears (mostly Viper previously mentioning it on a post just like this) that the ventilation is not optimal. I have already rehoused the sling, but I can make changes in this enclosure, as I hope to keep it and just make it better. I was thinking of using a thumb-tack and burning holes into the sides (mostly near the bottom, a few near the top given the large vent providing some already). Any ideas or suggestions? Again, I don't want to change enclosures (especially given the cost, lol) The spider itself is largely situated and grooming as we speak, I'm hoping to continue my plan on the other side of the enclosure with minimal disturbance. There is a water dish that is un-photographed.

Attachments

cold blood

Staff member
yeah, if you can ventilate another side it should be just fine as long as its kept relatively dry. I use deli cups and ventilate with pin holes that I run through with a toothpick...most here would probably suggest they are under ventilated, but they work just fine with just a couple rings of venting (top and bottom) and just a couple on lid. So its not like you really need to perforate another side, just a handful should be all you need.

Seemannnni

Arachnoknight
yeah, if you can ventilate another side it should be just fine as long as its kept relatively dry. I use deli cups and ventilate with pin holes that I run through with a toothpick...most here would probably suggest they are under ventilated, but they work just fine with just a couple rings of venting (top and bottom) and just a couple on top. So its not like you really need to perforate another side, just a handful should be all you need.
Thank you for the reassurance, I thought the same (especially since it should be dry anyways.) I'll be doing them tonight, will show results!

Finikan

Painter of Poorly Rendered Images
Arachnosupporter +
Just for future reference, a 16 oz deli cup will work for slings as well, and most delis will give them to you.

Seemannnni

Arachnoknight
Just for future reference, a 16 oz deli cup will work for slings as well, and most delis will give them to you.
Oh, don't worry I'm well aware haha. I just got sick of the haziness trying to look in. I had a 32oz well prepared but figured that's better served for my H. Mac when it gets too big for its current container.

That will work
Sorry for continued notification, attempting to spare myself from inhaling thumb tacks lol. Does the enclosure as it is work for ventilation, objectively? Or is altering necessary?

Attachments

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Sorry for continued notification, attempting to spare myself from inhaling thumb tacks lol. Does the enclosure as it is work for ventilation, objectively? Or is altering necessary?
Add cross venting