Looking to get a new world T

GoodMorels

Arachnopeon
I have recently had to re-home my Heteroscodra maculata due to her venom, as I still live with my family and they refuse to allow it. Ideally I’d like to get a less venomous species with similar webbing and activity, as she is by far my favorite tarantula I’ve kept as of yet. What species do y’all recommend?

Neonblizzard

Arachnomoron
C. Cyaneopubescens web a lot which is nice. You'll get some webbing with an avic and you'll see it regularly enough.

I'm surprised about your comments on a H. Macs activity, I've never owned one but it seems the general census is they are never seen.

GoodMorels

Arachnopeon
My little girl is out all the time! I hear they actually get more active as they mature, but I know my dude loves to walk around, and if I’m quiet she won’t run back into her burrow. (Interestingly enough, she decided to climb on the glass door of her enclosure and stare at me while I was watching the conjuring)

Xharyel

Arachnopeon
Avics (and C. versicolor) are also a solid choice, I really really love C. versis, they're so enjoyable to watch growing from slings.

Hydrazine

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I second the C.cyanopubescens. Give it some vertical space and a scaffolding (I had a thin, uh, branched out dead branch in the middle of the enclosure) and it'll construct an awesome, multi-tunnelled lair around it.

Last edited:

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I have recently had to re-home my Heteroscodra maculata due to her venom, as I still live with my family and they refuse to allow it. Ideally I’d like to get a less venomous species with similar webbing and activity, as she is by far my favorite tarantula I’ve kept as of yet. What species do y’all recommend?
G pulchripes