Looking to get a colorful non aggressive T

toidy

Arachnosquire
try looking for a grammostola iheringi or acteon.. they both can be handled and have very beautiful colors.

rbailey1010

Arachnopeon
I've never seen those kind before and I was very impressed.....

I think I've narrowed it down to the following:

Nhandu chromatus

Brachypelma vagans

Grammostola iheringi

Grammostola acteon

The red coloring is really appealing to me.......

Anyone have input on one of these.......or pros and cons on any paticular?

Thanks for the help thus far.....

barabootom

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I've never seen those kind before and I was very impressed.....

I think I've narrowed it down to the following:

Nhandu chromatus

Brachypelma vagans

Grammostola iheringi

Grammostola acteon

The red coloring is really appealing to me.......

Anyone have input on one of these.......or pros and cons on any paticular?

Thanks for the help thus far.....
From your list, Grammostola iheringi is the best choice. Relatively fast growing, gets to 8 inches, big eaters, very docile, stays out in the open, extremely beautiful and not a hair kicker. The only drawback is price and availability.

rbailey1010

Arachnopeon
That looks like the way to go....
Can anyone point me in the right direction? Didnt see any posted on the classifieds...Maybe someone knows something I don't

Tindalos

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
you do realize that many colorful T's are skittish and defensive, i know this is the wrong word to use but its the only thing i know to how to say it as. you have to "tame" Ive been slapped and haired by Nhandu chromatus several times before she mellowed out and every once in while she will give a nice threat display.

sean-820

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Id say avic versi or gbb(though they arn't too large)

For larger something like a chromatus or genticulata though they arnt always docile.

rbailey1010

Arachnopeon
Just ordered one from Paul. What a great guy to deal with! He even picked me out a female and threw in a Venezuelan Sun Tiger for free. Very pleased with his customer service. BTW, thanks to all of you who helped me make an educated purchase. It is appreciated

boonbear

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i have several h. chromatus and colorotovillosus. They are pretty nice T's. I don't handle them, but they seem like I probably could if I wanted to. they are also pretty available, and at a reasonable price.

i also have a vagans. She is a VERY docile spider, but likes to hide. After a fresh molt they look incredible to me. The best looking out of all the ones I own. I also tried to breed a MM to her once. They both performed well, but I didn't get a viable sac, and never tried again. When she finally molted, the MM was in bad shape and checked out a couple of days later. It was a pretty smooth test though. Not nearly as stressful as I thought it would be. Great T's. Pretty good eaters also.

Last edited: