Looking to expand my collection.

Trenor

Arachnoprince
Probably because I have way too many! I'm just looking for random suggestions. I have everything from Tappies to Haplopelmas (I refuse to accept the name change).
In that case I think you should buy a brown one. :p

Last edited:

mistertim

Arachnobaron
Ok, so let's try a different approach. What tarantulas do you NOT have and are not on your list currently?

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Buy a Goddess 0.1 Pelinobius muticus PBUH (Peace Be Upon Her). Or a female Selenocosmia aruana. Or like basin79 said, M.mesomelas (but the entire Megaphobema genus is amazing, for that matter).

Or think different and jump into centipedes (if Asians, better). Then I guarantee that you will look at your signature under a different perspective :angelic:

WeightedAbyss75

Arachnoangel
How about T. psychedelicus? ;) Expensive, but so worth it. Never had one, but it will always be on my list :D

Olan

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Since you've already got H. mac, Phormictopus, and Pamphobeteus covered, i'll second Cold Blood's N. incei suggestion. I never considered getting one, but got one as a freebie. And it is a really awesome spider. Such a ferocious predator.

Arachnomaniac19

Arachnolord
Ok, so let's try a different approach. What tarantulas do you NOT have and are not on your list currently?
That's a good question!
Since you've already got H. mac, Phormictopus, and Pamphobeteus covered, i'll second Cold Blood's N. incei suggestion. I never considered getting one, but got one as a freebie. And it is a really awesome spider. Such a ferocious predator.
I have a sub adult already.
Buy a Goddess 0.1 Pelinobius muticus PBUH (Peace Be Upon Her). Or a female Selenocosmia aruana. Or like basin79 said, M.mesomelas (but the entire Megaphobema genus is amazing, for that matter).

Or think different and jump into centipedes (if Asians, better). Then I guarantee that you will look at your signature under a different perspective :angelic:
I have two P. muticus. I haven't seen that Selenocosmia for sale; I'll have to look for one. As said earlier, with the exception of M. robustum, other species in that genus are insanely expensive in Canada. I've kept a few centipedes (Scolopendra spp., and a few S. alternans). I'm not really a huge fan of them. I do love amblipygids though!

WeightedAbyss75

Arachnoangel
That's a good question!

I have a sub adult already.

I have two P. muticus. I haven't seen that Selenocosmia for sale; I'll have to look for one. As said earlier, with the exception of M. robustum, other species in that genus are insanely expensive in Canada. I've kept a few centipedes (Scolopendra spp., and a few S. alternans). I'm not really a huge fan of them. I do love amblipygids though!
Have you tried any scorps? If were on the subject of other insects, any flat rock scorpion would do fantastic. Low-venom sting, unique look, and huge! Generally inexpensive as well ;)

Paiige

Arachnobaron
Plus they're a slosh of urine to look after.
What does that even mean? Sorry, I had to ask. :D

I can suggest some from my list that I won't be getting for a while! N tripeppii, H gigas (good choice if you have plenty of free time to kill making a serious enclosure), I mira, Lapropelma sp. borneo black...I don't know what you have but I'd happily take any of those!

basin79

ArachnoGod

I can suggest some from my list that I won't be getting for a while! N tripeppii, H gigas (good choice if you have plenty of free time to kill making a serious enclosure), I mira, Lapropelma sp. borneo black...I don't know what you have but I'd happily take any of those!
A piece of piss. I was trying to be more forum friendly.

Arachnomaniac19

Arachnolord
Have you tried any scorps? If were on the subject of other insects, any flat rock scorpion would do fantastic. Low-venom sting, unique look, and huge! Generally inexpensive as well ;)
I have a few Asians. I've been looking for a Hadogenes for a while, but they're pretty expensive when I find them.

I have a tripepii (got it as a 1/4" freebie), and a currently have an H. gigas. Her burrow collapsed after 3 or 4 years the other day and she isn't looking too good, so I'm also ordering in an H. sp. Cameroon and Nigeria. I'm not really a fan of I. mira. I'm also picking up a Borneo black on my order.

Crowbi

Arachnopeon
Bit biased of me since I just preordered one to pick up at a show, but!!!

Lampropelma nigerrimum

Super slick blackest black T I've ever seen.

Arachnomaniac19

Arachnolord
I'm assuming you already have A.geniculata?
Yep.
Bit biased of me since I just preordered one to pick up at a show, but!!!

Lampropelma nigerrimum

Super slick blackest black T I've ever seen.
I'm getting a Borneo black. That's pretty much the same species.
LV perhaps
or ornata
I've got both.