Looking to buy tarantula molts!

hgrising

Arachnopeon
Hi, everyone. First post here. I was recommended here from /r/tarantulas on Reddit. Long story short, I'm trying to buy the following tarantula molts:

P. platyomma (male)

H. lividum (female)

T. blondi

T. psychedelicus

A. braunshauseni

N. chromatus

But honestly, I am interested in all molts you may have. The more colorful/big, the better! If you are willing to donate any molts to me, I would be greatly appreciative of that as well and pay the shipping costs.

Thanks in advance, I've been a lurker of this website for a long time and it is nice to finally join the family.

YagerManJennsen

Arachnobaron
You might have better luck with posting an ad in the classifieds section. You're new so don't feel bad about it, I did the same thing. That being said I have an N. chromatus juvie that is about to molt if you are interested.

hgrising

Arachnopeon
You might have better luck with posting an ad in the classifieds section. You're new so don't feel bad about it, I did the same thing. That being said I have an N. chromatus juvie that is about to molt if you are interested.
Hi there! Thanks for the quick reply! I would be interested in the n. chromatus juvie molt. I'll go post this in the classifieds. Thanks again :)

edit: looks like I can't post in the classifieds yet :/

Last edited:

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
I've got an AF T. stirmi who just molted. The old exuvia is roughly 8" dls. You can have the exuvia so long as I can have the fangs (they'll be removed without damaging the rest of the exuvia). PM me if you want it.

SausageinaNet

Arachnopeon
Would be interesting to know what you want to do with them. At the last expo I visited one of the dealers was selling large molts for 2€. I guess for people who don't want to buy a souvenir.

hgrising

Arachnopeon
Would be interesting to know what you want to do with them. At the last expo I visited one of the dealers was selling large molts for 2€. I guess for people who don't want to buy a souvenir.
Only 2 euros for a molt? I wish I was at that expo.

I use the molts for display, artistic inspiration(I'm an artist), and for educating children on arachnids. I volunteered at a local aquarium this past summer and interjected a few mini lessons on tarantulas/spiders using molts. I actually got a few little kids over their arachnophobia and onto arachnophilia. :)

Thistles

Arachnobroad
Old Timer
Where are you located? I have an AF N. chromatus molt and heaps of others. I dunno how well they'd hold up in shipping though.

hgrising

Arachnopeon
Where are you located? I have an AF N. chromatus molt and heaps of others. I dunno how well they'd hold up in shipping though.
I am in the United States. I am definitely interested in these. I can offer like $10-$15 for those molts if that sounds agreeable to you. Molts hold up best if you ship them in jewelry boxes (taped shut) inside of a bubble mailer. :) PM me and we can talk more

SausageinaNet

Arachnopeon
Only 2 euros for a molt? I wish I was at that expo.

I use the molts for display, artistic inspiration(I'm an artist), and for educating children on arachnids. I volunteered at a local aquarium this past summer and interjected a few mini lessons on tarantulas/spiders using molts. I actually got a few little kids over their arachnophobia and onto arachnophilia. :)
You could try to contact some big breeders. If you have 1000 Ts you are getting a lot of molts and they probably throw them away anyways.

hgrising

Arachnopeon
You could try to contact some big breeders. If you have 1000 Ts you are getting a lot of molts and they probably throw them away anyways.
I did actually. I contacted Ken the Bug Guy, The Spider Shop, Jamie's Tarantulas... too many places to list. Only place I got a reply from was this place called Pet Center USA who is donating a ton of molts to me. Which is awesome. :)