Looking for water or just going for a stroll?

TRection

Arachnoknight
Little girl is out of hiding for the first time and wondering around, just a stroll around the new home, or looking for water? I feel like maybe the water dish is too tall and maybe i should bury it a little more :bookworm:

20170529_131945.jpg

MGery92

Arachnosquire
I'm not an expert, but I think that enclosure is huge for your little lady. :bucktooth:

TRection

Arachnoknight
I'm not an expert, but I think that enclosure is huge for your little lady. :bucktooth:
After taking the help and advice of the people of this forum to sculpt the set up ill have to dissagree with you on that haha, I think the size of the water dish messes with the perspective a bit (its a huge cap from a jar), the T is a little over 3.5 inches and the tank is only 5 gallons with only 4.5 inches of height from sub to lid :bookworm:

MGery92

Arachnosquire
After taking the help and advice of the people of this forum to sculpt the set up ill have to dissagree with you on that haha, I think the size of the water dish messes with the perspective a bit (its a huge cap from a jar), the T is a little over 3.5 inches and the tank is only 5 gallons with only 4.5 inches of height from sub to lid :bookworm:
Alright, the picture was a bit deceptive. :chicken:

TRection

Arachnoknight
Alright, the picture was a bit deceptive. :chicken:
very :D just an other problem brought on by this massive cap, i want to get something a bit smaller but one that also looks nicer, thinking on making a run down to petsmart

Haemus

Arachnosquire
If you're ever getting sushi takeout ask for containers for wasabi and soy sauce, they're the 2oz and the 4oz. Tip them well and they'll give you as many as you want.

I use those and the tops of the Simply Iced Tea. Good height and wide base on those lids, just can't stack them so it takes a bit longer to clean.

14pokies

Arachnoprince
Ok ill wet it more, ive been over flowing the water dish but it seems to dissipate to fast
No need to soak it just moisten half.. If it's evaporating fast you may need to reduce the amount of ventilation you have.

TRection

Arachnoknight
Ok thanks, i probably didnt moisten enough of it, i was only doing it by the water dish, ill do that whole side of the tank would that be better?

14pokies

Arachnoprince
Ok thanks, i probably didnt moisten enough of it, i was only doing it by the water dish, ill do that whole side of the tank would that be better?
Yea just don't go over board.. Moisten it so that it soaks down about half the depth of the substrate..

Moakmeister

Arachnodemon
If you don't put the dish in the corner, the tarantula won't fill it or bury it ime. My G. pulchripes has been in his new enclosure for awhile now and it hasn't messed with the dish yet.