looking for tips on feeding large numbers of scorplings

scorpanok

Arachnoknight
I'm looking for tips on feeding large numbers of scorplings any advice is appreciated.

shining

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Tacklebox/bead separater, open lid, dump flightless fruit flies in each portion, close lid.

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Are they still together? If they are in separate containers, you just have to go one by one. I think it's kinda fun so I don't complain about it. I can go in my back yard, turn over a board and get 100s of termites so that has helped. Pinheads, newborn roaches, termites, fuitflies....

Pipa

Arachnoknight
It's very much time consuming , LOL !!! Put on some of your favorite bands and go for it.

ScorpDemon

ArachnoScorpion
Old Timer
make a "feeder" vial. cut a small notch out of the edge of a vial lid, dump feeders in, put the lid on and shake over open enclosures.

ScorpFreakKing666

Arachnopeon
All of the above is great advice and works fine! When they get a little bigger but are still a little tiny lol what I do is buy 2 or 3 week crickets and "pull" a leg off the cricket and feed the scorp a drumstick. This method might be slightly barbaric but it works great and is efficient! Plus you still have a whole cricket to feed to a larger scorp! Currently feeding a couple 2instar P. transvaalicus this way and have no problems.

edesign

AB FB Group Moderatr
Old Timer
I'd try The Container Store, Michael's/Hobby Lobby, Target, or anywhere that sells plastic organizing products or maybe sporting goods (tackle box).

shining

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Those look like pretty good. Where did you get those at?
You can find them where @edesign mentioned. I'd like to add that you should seek out one with a solid construction. This adjustable sliding walls leave too much inconsistencies for a scorpling to climb up or wedge under.

I had C. sculpturatus scorplings houdini into siblings' rooms and out of the box itself and into the double security tub they were in.
0715111340.jpg

brandontmyers

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Yeah I've used similar in the past but they've always seemed to allow escapees. I was able to find some today at Walmart that I think should work well. I have them in a larger plastic bin just in case one wiggles around.

2nscorpx

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I use U.S. oz. plastic sauce containers for juveniles and just double-box them for security. It's efficient and still secure, and I can maintain individual containers without worrying about affecting all individuals (i.e. if using a tackle-box).

Whitelightning777

Arachno-heretic
Mine were raised together. Get the mini mealworms, not the regular small ones. Those work.

Scorplings aren't fast enough to catch crickets.

Small pinhead roaches will also work if you can find them.