Looking for T recommendations

JakeG85

Arachnopeon
I really prefer an arboreal that is semi handleable and not an avid, as of right now I have a 7.5 inch L Violaceopes, a 3.5 inch P. Irminia, a 3 inch P Regalis, a 3 inch Avic Avic, and a sling C. Darlingi. I've been part of this hobby for about 3 months and I'm comfortable handling my Singapore blue and Suntiger, just looking for another nice looking arboreal that is semi handleable.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
You want to buy a 0.1 (mind, females only my man, males sucks) Lampropelma nigerrimum :)

But for handling even a P.ornata (female, again) is of best, si si.

Three months of experience are enough. After three months of reading the Prez. book "The Art of the Deal" I was millionaire :-s

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
As for completely, 100% handleable Theraphosidae I would recommend to you also Peanut... just that, the problem isn't grab Peanut from her museum-home in Texas: that's the easy part. The hard part is @Moakmeister that will reach your basement with a barbed wire steel bat :-/

Moakmeister

Arachnodemon
As for completely, 100% handleable Theraphosidae I would recommend to you also Peanut... just that, the problem isn't grab Peanut from her museum-home in Texas: that's the easy part. The hard part is @Moakmeister that will reach your basement with a barbed wire steel bat :-/
SHE WILL BE MINE ONE DAY
DEUS VULT

Moakmeister

Arachnodemon
Wow. A guy whose only Ts are fast defensive arboreals. And handles old worlds. *grabs popcorn*

Last edited:

JakeG85

Arachnopeon
Why you love to handle that much, @JakeG85, if I can ask? :-s
Always get a feel for the spider first, I won't handle my regalis, she's a bit skittish my sun tiger and Singapore are both docile as can be. I don't handle often though, maybe once or twice a week and always after feedings

Moakmeister

Arachnodemon
Always get a feel for the spider first, I won't handle my regalis, she's a bit skittish my sun tiger and Singapore are both docile as can be. I don't handle often though, maybe once or twice a week and always after feedings
*inhale*
BOI

Moakmeister

Arachnodemon
I refuse to believe that you really rated my post dislike. You should not be handling your tarantulas "twice a week". That's way too often. Especially since they're fast defensive arboreal species with hard-hitting venom. Very irresponsible. Sorry if I seem rude, but posting about handling like that will gt you lynched on these forums.

JakeG85

Arachnopeon
I refuse to believe that you really rated my post dislike. You should not be handling your tarantulas "twice a week". That's way too often. Especially since they're fast defensive arboreal species with hard-hitting venom. Very irresponsible. Sorry if I seem rude, but posting about handling like that will gt you lynched on these forums.
Does RobC get lynched for handling a T Blondi?

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
May be a little unexperienced but they call em orange bitey things for a reason lol
Well, their level of defensiveness IMO is definitely exaggerated, man. Offer those lots of inches of substrate, a cork bark for 'home' and chances that they will disappear are high = zero issues IMO when it comes to maintenance.

I fail to realize (aside for the facts given by their cheap price thus 24/7 availability due to easy breed therefore perfect mix for impulse purchase or frebie) why a S.aruana should be considered 'less' defensive than a P.murinus.

Now of course to scavenge them from their burrow for handling... it's another story :-s