Looking for some special terrestrial T's

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
but not just any ordinary t's, something special.
SO expect us to read your mind and know what is ordinary and special to you-- let us know when you find something "special" to YOU, because you own a bunch already that aren't special to me.

The lack of listed criteria and expectations you put on people here is really shocking. You aren't the first and won't be the last to do this.

However, I'm willing to put in as much effort as you did for us. See below for a short list of special.

Last edited:

StampFan

Arachnodemon
There are no ordinary T's. There are some that are more available, but that doesn't make them "worse". The $10 D pentaloris has more spectacular color and active behaviour than a lot of T's worth 20 times that. It becomes a "keeping up with the Jones" brag or ego thing.

Get what you like. Rare does not equal better.

Hi All,

Below is my collection so far:
Poecilotheria Metallica
Acanthascurria Geniculata
Poecilotheria Regalis
Xenesthis Intermedia
Poecilotheria Hanumavilasumica
Cyriopagopus Lividus
Lasiodora Parahybana, The Bigger
Lasiodora Parahybana, The Smaller
Poecilotheria Formosa
Davus Pentaloris
Poecilotheria Rufilata
Pterinochilus Murinus
Poecilotheria Miranda
Pterinopelma Sazimai
Heteroscodra Maculata
Psalmopoeus Irminia
Phidippus Regius sp. Cuba Soroa
Ephebopus Cyanognathus

I am wanting some terrestrial tarantulas but not just any ordinary t's, something special.

Any ideas?

ErikElvis

Newb
I usually have an eye for expensive things. If I don’t look at prices and choose between several of the same basic things I always pick the expensive one somehow. That being said there are a lot of cool inexpensive T’s to go for. I’m lucked out this time as all the ones I thought were cool are readily available and inexpensive.

basin79

ArachnoGod
My recommendation after getting her late last year is a Aphonopelma chalcodes. She's recently-ish moulted and is absolutely stunning. Add in huge chelicerae and you've got a real looker.

43B76D3A-3AF3-4082-A08D-A64D48B5ADA1.jpeg

Clickbait

Arachnopeon
My recommendation after getting her late last year is a Aphonopelma chalcodes. She's recently-ish moulted and is absolutely stunning. Add in huge chelicerae and you've got a real looker.

View attachment 345212
I hadn’t ever really understood the draw towards A. Chalcodes until recently. Those chelicerae are incredible.

Asgiliath

Arachnobaron
Phormictopus auratus?

28D05E66-EBA6-4FA3-BA3E-D9D79EFA28B2.jpeg

Cyriopagopus albostriatus?

2961DEE3-BACC-4E16-8C15-BAFA6B0F3086.jpeg

Totally different T's, I know.

Tarantula155

Arachnobaron