looking for some info on a singapore blue

worm

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hey you all im new here at this site. But i just got a singapore blue from botar by 8 and wow he/she started as a little bogger at about 1" leg span and now ive noticed he/she gotten some size to it but still small. I have never raised a small T. before but am aware of what im doing i would just like to know more about this species. any one have any hints or books i could get

thanks

Alice

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
they are usually quite hardy:

keep the sling in an appropriately sized deli cup with a small piece of a non-rotting material leaning against a wall (cork bark is nice, but a piece of clean plastic will do and is more hygienic).

also, offer it 2 or 3 inches of potting soil or peat moss as substrate. as slings, this species likes to burrow, and even as juvies and adults, they are oppotunistic burrowers. in their natural habitat however they are arboreal and so you should offer it some height as well. they like to hide in the substrate by day and climb about at night. i offer my small slings vials of about 2-3 inches diameter and about 6 inches hight. they grow at a decent speed, so you should change the 'tank' according to its size.

keep the substrate slightly moist, not wet, and offer it a few drops of water on the walls about twice a week. they like to drink from walls rather than suck at the substrate ;). my female only uses her water dished when totally thirsty, my sling doesn't have a dish.

this species is no killer eater in general, so don't be upset when it refuses food once in a while. the slings are decent eaters, but the adults like to keep themselves fit and lean ;)

no big really, a nice and hardy species if you don't mind the hardships of rehousing them... like poking around under the microwave for about an hour before getting it out of there... :eek: :8o

ballpython2

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hey you all im new here at this site. But i just got a singapore blue from botar by 8 and wow he/she started as a little bogger at about 1" leg span and now ive noticed he/she gotten some size to it but still small. I have never raised a small T. before but am aware of what im doing i would just like to know more about this species. any one have any hints or books i could get

thanks
I have two of these guys from botar I keep them peanut butter sized jars with a lot of substrate and two fake leaf branches and just put one cricket in their enclosures each at feeding time. If the crickets are there the next day I take them out. since they are only .75 - 1" I just mist the inside of the enclosures and they drink water off the leafs and the walls. Oh yea, I forgot to say once mine get about 3" or bigger I'm going to transfer it to the enclosure below in the first (the top) picture. In the second picture are the jars I keep my blues in right now. The two jars are before I added fake plants so its not just an open area. The bottom two pictures are after I added the fake plants and when I did within a day or two the blues webbed up the substrate and connected them to the leaves and made deep burrows:

Last edited:

soulreaver_x01

Arachnopeon
i got one from botar about a month and a half ago,it was 1.5 inches.it just moulted,and holy cow it got much bigger.i went from a pet hole,to a climber overnite,lol.i have to get a fake plant for it.but it seems to be very happy.

worm

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
hey yall got a question when do these little t's bring out the old cricket bodies. Ive been feeding him for like about a week still no cricket bodies or remains....were are they? or do i just have to be patent.

ballpython2

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
hey yall got a question when do these little t's bring out the old cricket bodies. Ive been feeding him for like about a week still no cricket bodies or remains....were are they? or do i just have to be patent.
umm if they dont bring them out the hide, you may have to go in there your self and first extract the T and put it in a catch up it cant get out of then clean the hide out... i cany think of any other way.

macjizzle

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
as slings, do T's need a temperature controlled environment? from the looks of those pictures it seems that they dont.

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
room temps are just fine as long as it is around 70-75F

macjizzle

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
thank you. and i'm assuming that applies throughout their lifespan until adulthood?