Looking for Scolopendra in Canada!

nuclear_zombies

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
:wall: I'm interested in finding people/buisnisses who can deal Scolopendra in CANADA. They arent overly common here, and I've only encountered one other person in Calgary that owns a Centipede, which he got from the USA. Please feel free email me if you know of a guy who knows a guy, etc. I am very interested in Centipedes as a hobby, they are very fascinating creatures!
REGARDS, CRAZY JOE

maxident213

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Dude you should join the Canadian forum on this site and check out the links to the Canadian dealers, click on User CP and scroll down to Group Memberships, then request to join the Canadian forum. There is a sticky with links to dealers sites, many sell centipedes. Welcome to the board. :)

nuclear_zombies

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
awesome!

I've joined the canadians group, I'm just waiting to be approved. Thanks guys, for the info though. These forums are way better than having to deal with the arachno-dork-geeks in town here. This place frikkin rules! Incidentally, the link on bistrobob's reply doesnt work for me, it wont allow me to access the thread. It's probably a group thing. I will keep checking though:wall:

Last edited:

syiware

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
:wall: I'm interested in finding people/buisnisses who can deal Scolopendra in CANADA. They arent overly common here, and I've only encountered one other person in Calgary that owns a Centipede, which he got from the USA. Please feel free email me if you know of a guy who knows a guy, etc. I am very interested in Centipedes as a hobby, they are very fascinating creatures!
REGARDS, CRAZY JOE
hi! are there some giant centipedes of Scolopendra in canada right there?
i heard canada is usually cold for all year long. if i'm wrong, sorry about that.
in korea, maybe you know we have 4 seasons here. from spring to winter.
the typical giant pede in korea is Ss. mutilans. maybe they would sleep for winter. how about canada? what is your favorite pede? i want to get S. gigantea if possible. take care. see you!
-locke

Stylopidae

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Dude you should join the Canadian forum on this site and check out the links to the Canadian dealers, click on User CP and scroll down to Group Memberships, then request to join the Canadian forum. There is a sticky with links to dealers sites, many sell centipedes. Welcome to the board. :)
There is also an entire forum here for people to ask about the reliability of dealers and about their stock.

There's a lot of internationals on that part of the forum, but since I'm not part of the canadian forum I can't say whether or not they have a forum like that for canadians.

nuclear_zombies

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I love the sound of the word scolopendra!!!!!

hi! are there some giant centipedes of Scolopendra in canada right there?
i heard canada is usually cold for all year long. if i'm wrong, sorry about that.
in korea, maybe you know we have 4 seasons here. from spring to winter.
the typical giant pede in korea is Ss. mutilans. maybe they would sleep for winter. how about canada? what is your favorite pede? I want to get S. gigantea if possible. take care. see you!
-locke
There aren't any Scolopendra native to Canada that I know about, and the centipedes we have locally aren't very big at all (2"). I dont have a favourite, I like Scolopendra in general!! I'm not sure either if the centipedes here hibernate, I usually see them in the basement in damp corners, and that isnt't often. I suppose the temperature thing is debatable, I dont find it that cold even in the winter, but then again I've lived here for 30 years. We do get a summer here with temperatures in the range of 10-35 Celsius (I hate metric!!)

Incidentally, I have been approved for the Canadian Forums, and the Scolopendra problem is in resolution. I am going to a reptile show in 10 days here to meet Dave Avery and possibly take a 7" S. Polymorpha off his hands. I'd like to start with a smaller Centipede, get smart about their care and behaviours etc, then graduate to larger species.

Dont you love the way the word SCOLOPENDRA rolls of the tongue?? I sure do!{D

syiware

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
There aren't any Scolopendra native to Canada that I know about, and the centipedes we have locally aren't very big at all (2"). I dont have a favourite, I like Scolopendra in general!! I'm not sure either if the centipedes here hibernate, I usually see them in the basement in damp corners, and that isnt't often. I suppose the temperature thing is debatable, I dont find it that cold even in the winter, but then again I've lived here for 30 years. We do get a summer here with temperatures in the range of 10-35 Celsius (I hate metric!!)

Incidentally, I have been approved for the Canadian Forums, and the Scolopendra problem is in resolution. I am going to a reptile show in 10 days here to meet Dave Avery and possibly take a 7" S. Polymorpha off his hands. I'd like to start with a smaller Centipede, get smart about their care and behaviours etc, then graduate to larger species.

Dont you love the way the word SCOLOPENDRA rolls of the tongue?? I sure do!{D
oh..i see. thanks for the information of canada. actually i'm not an expert for any pedes. i like just watching and thinking about them. last year i had a vietnamese giant centipede yellow leg(Scolopendra subspinipes dehaani "mau chau"). its length is 17.5cm without antennas and terminal legs. and now i have two haitian giant centipede juveniles. 10 and 9.5cm. i named them as 'haiti red' and 'haiti brown.' as for 'haiti red' i've kept it since he/she was a 2.5cm baby. i bought it on june 21, 2006. almost 1 year has been passed! they look cute and lovely. i want them to grow more bigger and wish they are a couple between a male and a female for mating. but i don't know whether or not it's possible. there is a video for them. i posted this on the youtube.com. just have fun with this video. and i hope that you get good times with your pede. see you! {D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eS07ss3bMBw

-locke

bistrobob85

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
That's a REALLY BIG polymorpha, if it is properly identified... Have fun with your first scolopendras :).

phil.