Looking For Journals

OrdoMallus

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I'm just wondering where I can find articles published by British Tarantula Society as well as other actual scientific articles. Maybe I'm just missing where to find them but the following articles are what I'm looking for, if anyone could help me I'd really appreciate it.

Volume 13, Number 2, 1997
McHugh, A. 1997.
The captive reproduction of the South American theraphosid spider Xenesthis immanis in captivity.
Journal of the British Tarantula Society 13(2): 60-63.

Smith, A.M. 1989.
Xenesthis – the debate that never was.
Journal of the British Tarantula Society 5(2): 15-18.

Tansley, G. 1991.
Pamphobeteus antinous – an unexpected discovery.
Journal of the British Tarantula Society 6(4): 10-11.

Eckardt, D. 1989.
Species report. 1. Lampropelma violaceopedes (Abraham, 1924).
Journal of the British Tarantula Society 5(1): 27.

Smith, A.M. 1990.
A question of colour. Lampropelma violaceopedes Abraham, 1924.
Journal of the British Tarantula Society 5(3): 14-18.

AphonopelmaTX

Staff member
When looking for copies of journal articles, I start by finding the publisher and ordering a copy or the article or the issue it appears in if available. Contact the BTS to see if they have the back issues they appear in. Collecting information is a hobby in itself. It takes time, effort, and sometimes a little bit of money.

Philth

N.Y.H.C.
Old Timer
Did you try posting this on the BTS forums ? Many of the past articles are available for download to members over there.

Later, Tom

Spyder 1.0

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I've been a BTS supporter for many years now and have archived all the issues they offer or have offered from their site since I have joined and have been able to get some scanned copies of older issues for my research on Poecilotheria however it is a tedious process of bugging the editors. I wish all the older issues were scanned and made available. It is the duty of a journal distributor to make all issues reachable for researchers anyhow.