Looking for help with curly hair

TechnoGeek

Arachnosquire
I lean a little harder into the no handling camp than yourself but with an understanding that people are going to do it for whatever reason. Personally, it's a no go for the exact contradiction you made in your first 2 paragraphs:

You can do everything 'right' and still have something unexpectedly happen (bolt/jump/bite).....and then you're hoping your reflexes don't flick it across the room.

Have I stuck my hand in front of a NW climbing out it's enclosure, held it, turn it round and nudge it back? Yup but the risk/reward of handling for my own enjoyment just doesn't do it for me.
To each their own that's for sure, and I didn't mean to tell people to handle their spiders just like I didn't mean to tell them not to handle their spiders. I don't tell people what to do, I just meant to explain why some, including myself, choose to handle. As long as it is limited and done carefully, I don't view it as a problem.

My most important reason for handling Ts is to show people that they're not a particularly dangerous animal. Even when there still is some of that creepy factor left, you can easily tell they no longer think of them like they're alien xenomorphs.. more like just another skittish animal that looks different, and it's hard to argue that spiders are out there waiting for a chance to hurt people after you see one being handled.

AlbaArachnids92

Arachnoknight
To each their own that's for sure, and I didn't mean to tell people to handle their spiders just like I didn't mean to tell them not to handle their spiders. I don't tell people what to do, I just meant to explain why some, including myself, choose to handle. As long as it is limited and done carefully, I don't view it as a problem.

My most important reason for handling Ts is to show people that they're not a particularly dangerous animal. Even when there still is some of that creepy factor left, you can easily tell they no longer think of them like they're alien xenomorphs.. more like just another skittish animal that looks different, and it's hard to argue that spiders are out there waiting for a chance to hurt people after you see one being handled.
I totally get where you're coming from, just furthering discussion from my POV :) all too often the topic becomes a poop slinging contest. I don't think occasional handling makes anybody an irresponsible keeper either

I err on the side of caution when it comes to interaction for the sake of my T's and to keep my collection......pretty sure if I balls up and the Mrs finds out it'll be "bye bye spiders, bye bye AlbaArachnids" and I don't fancy either :rofl: