Looking for Harpactira in Europe...

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
Hi all,

I was looking into the Harpactira genus recently. A couple of species caught my eye but I cannot find any for sale whatsoever.

I was looking at H. Cafreriana and H. Namaquensis. I saw some pictures online and thought they are stunning. So I thought I would check here to see if anyone knows where to find said species.

I need to find within Europe so I'm hoping someone on here can chime in, or they may know someone.

All I can seem to find are H. Pulchripes but I am not interested in that atm.

Are the afore mentioned rare as hell?

Or have they changed species name and thats why I can't find it ?

Any help at all would be much appreciated as I want these sooo bad.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Eh eh, Hungary my man, Hungary is the right place for ask. Still the one you are searching are quite rare I suppose.

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
Eh eh, Hungary my man, Hungary is the right place for ask. Still the one you are searching are quite rare I suppose.
Have the hungarians got the goods?

I really hope they do ahah. I guessed they are rare and I could guess again that if acquirable then i will have a very light wallet soon. :rofl:

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
Hey i would start looking here. www.terraristik.com

Many great European dealers there ;)
Ohh noooo. It's a foreign site and I can't understand German.:confused:

I will need to wait until I'm home from work and can translate on a browser instead of my phone.

For now I guess its back to staring at photos of pretty Ts :rolleyes:

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Have the hungarians got the goods?

I really hope they do ahah. I guessed they are rare and I could guess again that if acquirable then i will have a very light wallet soon. :rofl:
Uhm now I don't know if, by the rules, I'm entitled to post here a link, but, a little hint I suppose would harm no one :)

combine on Google the words "maci" "laci" "hungary" and "spiders" ;-)

As far as I know they had H.lightfooti even, still no clue about the ones you mentioned (that, however, are indeed rare as you know).

Just ask them my man :-s

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
As far as I know they had H.lightfooti even, still no clue about the ones you mentiloned (that, however, are indeed rare as you know).
That was another one that is eye-catching..

.. Fingers crossed then.

Thanks for the info ;)

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
image.png I have just whipped this photo from Tarantupedia without permission.

Scorn me if you must..

.. But how beautiful is this??!

Geez, I hope I find it somewhere.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
View attachment 216196 I have just whipped this photo from Tarantupedia without permission.

Scorn me if you must..

.. But how beautiful is this??!

Geez, I hope I find it somewhere.
Yeah, they are lucky indeed, man. Just for the pleasure of talking, now... being me instead of Italian, a South Africa citizen? Screw the rules, I would WC the hell of those dry savannah, using picnic as a excuse :p

A 'Baboon' loving freak has the right to fulfill his/her dreams.

louise f

Arachnoangel
Uhm now I don't know if, by the rules, I'm entitled to post here a link, but, a little hint I suppose would harm no one :)

combine on Google the words "maci" "laci" "hungary" and "spiders" ;-)

As far as I know they had H.lightfooti even, still no clue about the ones you mentioned (that, however, are indeed rare as you know).

Just ask them my man :-s
Yep they have some pretty nice spiders friend ;)
+ a lot other breeders too from there there is trustworthy

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
Yeah, they are lucky indeed, man. Just for the pleasure of talking, now... being me instead of Italian, a South Africa citizen? Screw the rules, I will WC the hell of those dry savannah, using picnic as a excuse :p

A 'Baboon' loving freak has the right to fulfill his/her dreams.
Now all we need is a cheap flight route, eh? ;)

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Now all we need is a cheap flight route, eh? ;)
Bah, my man, because we live in a wrong, and quite stupid world. Check the people with an helluva of cash: mostly they care for the usual garbage, status symbol stuff. It's like a deranged race.

With that cash, I would gladly start an expedition (if dangerous and exciting the better) like Michael Rockfeller did for his love for Papua's masks and tribes, in Africa. Searching for a new giant obligate burrower like the Goddess as well? You can bet on that man :)

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
Bah, my man, because we live in a wrong, and quite stupid world. Check the people with an helluva of cash: mostly they care for the usual garbage, status symbol stuff. It's like a deranged race.

With that cash, I would gladly start an expedition (if dangerous and exciting the better) like Michael Rockfeller did for his love for Papua's masks and tribes, in Africa. Searching for a new giant obligate burrower like the Goddess as well? You can bet on that man :)
No fear..

.. But yeah, you first :rofl:

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
No fear..

.. But yeah, you first :rofl:
Damn I'm serious my man, ah ah :)

too bad I lack that cash, and that would remain a dream of mine; and if I would die, well... nothing in life IMO buy certain genuine laughs you can have.

Like trying to explain to badass armed Africans soldiers, or Boko Haram, or Somalia Jihadists or what else that "you" are there only for collecting and searching for spiders, muahahahah.

Only a full MacGyver combined with Indiana Jones and a hint of "Dr. Livingstone, I suppose?" would bring back the skin :-s

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
Damn I'm serious my man, ah ah :)

too bad I lack that cash, and that would remain a dream of mine; and if I would die, well... nothing in life IMO buy certain genuine laughs you can have.

Like trying to explain to badass armed Africans soldiers, or Boko Haram, or Somalia Jihadists or what else that "you" are there only for collecting and searching for spiders, muahahahah.

Only a full MacGyver combined with Indiana Jones and a hint of "Dr. Livingstone, I suppose?" would bring back the skin :-s
I agree with you!

I would love the thrill.. As I do with my other hobbies/activities :D

If I could afford a flight to Nambia or SA I would be there! I would love to see the country let alone collect spiders heheh.

I can take armed guards.. Promise.

louise f

Arachnoangel
Ohh noooo. It's a foreign site and I can't understand German.:confused:

I will need to wait until I'm home from work and can translate on a browser instead of my phone.

For now I guess its back to staring at photos of pretty Ts :rolleyes:

How did it go, did you get to translate the page :) It is really worth it IMO