Looking for feedback on my enclosures, new to the hobby with non-beginer species and want to improve

Cole1986

Arachnopeon
Please don't argue over me if it causes stress or anger but honestly, you're welcome too it doesn't bother me. I'm trying to be a humble honest person and be open to criticism or feedback. I've just really appreciated all the honest advice, concerns and feedback. This thread has been really helpful and just what I'm looking for. No one has insulted or offended me. I have a lot of aquariums and have been part of a number of forums over the years and it's So easy to misinterpret tone in these types of chats. I'm really new to arachnoboards and So far I'm really impressed with how honest and helpful everyone is. I'm definitely going to check out that etsy shop for the acrylic top and watch some of Tom Moran's rehousing videos. Here's a link if anyone is looking for it CMTerrariums - Etsy Canada. This has been awesome. If anyone else has any other feedback or suggestions, I'd love to hear it :)

Last edited by a moderator:

JonnyTorch

Arachnotwit
Nothing we mentioned is true or not true, it was simply your opinion about whether or not he was worthy to give advice to.
If I didn't think he was worthy to give advice to, I wouldn't have given him advice - which I did. My opinion shouldn't bother you, and if it does I'm sorry you feel that way. Everyone is worthy of advice. Whether or not someone doesn't like the delivery of that advice or is emotionally unsatisfied with how it was said then that is on them.

If you don't like what was said then don't sit here and pick a fight with me. You are the one who replied and said my insecurities are what drove me to my reply to the OP, now you're saying when I reply you're not going to go "back and forth" - all in all if you have an issue then don't call it out and not expect there to be a back and forth about your own opinion.

I'm glad the original poster of this thread didn't take as much offense to it as the two others. Lol, funny, the OP said everything was good but the people commenting have a problem. Anyway I'm done with holding hands. Good luck, hope your spiders don't die. And to the OP, follow the advice and you'll be in good hands. Lots of info here.

Cole1986

Arachnopeon
I ordered the replacement top off Etsy. Thanks for the idea and to all those giving advice regarding drilling acrylic. I'm going to give it a go once it arrives. Thinking if I crack it I can just get another acrlyic piece but will cross that bridge if I come to it. I have a dremel and a pin vice. The pin vice makes really clean holes but takes So long. I've had the same experience with the dremel where the acrylic melts on the bit but we'll see how it goes :)

JonnyTorch

Arachnotwit
I ordered the replacement top off Etsy. Thanks for the idea and to all those giving advice regarding drilling acrylic. I'm going to give it a go once it arrives. Thinking if I crack it I can just get another acrlyic piece but will cross that bridge if I come to it. I have a dremel and a pin vice. The pin vice makes really clean holes but takes So long. I've had the same experience with the dremel where the acrylic melts on the bit but we'll see how it goes :)
If you ordered the Top from CMTerrariams, you don't need to drill it they have ventilation in it. The drilling is for homemade acrylic lids. :)

Cole1986

Arachnopeon
Awesome, I saw it had some vents but worried it may not be enough ventilation? Not having to drill it will So much easier. I ordered this one :)
Tinkerframe Nano Lid Replacement Lid for Exo Terra Nano 8x8 - Etsy Canada

JonnyTorch

Arachnotwit
Awesome, I saw it had some vents but worried it may not be enough ventilation? Not having to drill it will So much easier. I ordered this one :)
Tinkerframe Nano Lid Replacement Lid for Exo Terra Nano 8x8 - Etsy Canada
Yep that's it. The vents are 100% enough. I use them for my 12x12x18's and my 8x8x12's. Never had an issue. Had them with tarantulas for at least a year and a half. I'll continue to use them. They are actually designed specifically for Tarantulas. The vents get bigger as the enclosure size gets bigger. The vents on the 8x8 are enough, and the vents on the 12x12 are a bit bigger, and are also enough.

NMTs

Spider Wrangler
Arachnosupporter +
Yep that's it. The vents are 100% enough. I use them for my 12x12x18's and my 8x8x12's. Never had an issue. Had them with tarantulas for at least a year and a half. I'll continue to use them. They are actually designed specifically for Tarantulas. The vents get bigger as the enclosure size gets bigger. The vents on the 8x8 are enough, and the vents on the 12x12 are a bit bigger, and are also enough.
I've been using the 8"x8" replacement lids for about 4 months and I'm really happy with them. No need to drill more holes in the acrylic, but it is nice that if you somehow break one you can just get a replacement acrylic piece and don't have to discard the entire thing. I enjoy building/modifying my T enclosures, but these lids are so inexpensive and functional that I won't use anything else for this enclosure.

JonnyTorch

Arachnotwit
I've been using the 8"x8" replacement lids for about 4 months and I'm really happy with them. No need to drill more holes in the acrylic, but it is nice that if you somehow break one you can just get a replacement acrylic piece and don't have to discard the entire thing. I enjoy building/modifying my T enclosures, but these lids are so inexpensive and functional that I won't use anything else for this enclosure.
Exactly. Perfect, and a perfect fit. No drilling. No silicone mess and you can see right down into it from the top (no holes in acrylic, only holes in the 3D printed part)

Cole1986

Arachnopeon
Awesome, this is great to know. Thanks for sharing your experience. So glad I started this thread and found this top/didn't make a mess drilling unnecessary holes :)