Looking for BIG millipedes

bettagurl

Arachnopeon
I've had a couple of GAM for about 3 years now, but they've never produced babies. I think they're all female, as I can't see any legs missing to denote a males graspers. I had 4, now I have 3 left and I'm looking to get more. However, aparently since i got mine a few years ago you can't import them? I'm not looking to spend a ton of money on them (I've seen some advertised for $50-100+ each). Is there another easy to get species that gets big?

scoloclown

Arachnopeon
You're right about the ban on importation of the AGB's, and the price you specified is about spot on for them depending on the size of course. It depends on what you consider big. If you're thinking "AGB" big, then there aren't a lot of species that get near as large in both length and girth as the African giants. There is a species of grey millipede from the Philippines that I hear gets to an almost comparable size to the AGB's, but I'm not sure. BICS had them awhile ago but aren't currently listed on their site or anywhere for that matter. Try the Americanus narceus and A. gordanus from the states. They get quite big for millipedes. If I think of any more I'll let you know. Good luck.