Looking for advice in buying Ts

taem

Arachnopeon
Hopefully this is the right place for this.

I'm looking at buying another T, does anyone have any tips? Since I'm still new to the hobby, I'm not really familiar where/who to buy from (my first was from a pet shop) and I didn't want to buy another from a pet shop. I'm still looking for beginner species (preferably terrestrial), since it'd be my second. I took a look around the reviews and the classifieds but I'm a bit lost at all the information available.

cold blood

Staff member
Shop the classifieds...we have lots of really wonderful sellers here.

Don't just randomly go through reviews...shop, when you find something you like, then go to their review page...many have it linked on the for sale page...but all you have to do is click the sellers avatar and there will be a link to that review page.

chanda

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Do you have any reptile shows or expos coming up in your area in the near future? Those are a lot of fun. They usually have a lot of different spiders available for sale, ranging in size from tiny slings to adults. The nice part is you can see the spiders in person before you buy them, plus there's no worry about the spiders getting delayed, lost, or damaged in transit. (Also no shipping charges - though by the time you pay for parking and admission to the expo, it probably averages out about the same.)

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
What’s so confusing?

I suggest you wait a while before getting another T. Many people end up getting some only to realize this isn’t for them.

Then the animals suffer.