Looking for a second T

Mr. Tinkletoes

Arachnopeon
Well I want a pretty one, its okay if it's a bit more aggressive. The thing is I get really paranoid about their health so I might have to poke it once in awhile to make sure it's active, but I don't want to get bit. I'm not really a fan of the big abdomens yet, but it's something I'm sure I'll get used to. I really like the size of my pink toe right now. So basically, something a little more colourful.

smallara98

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Well I want a pretty one, its okay if it's a bit more aggressive. The thing is I get really paranoid about their health so I might have to poke it once in awhile to make sure it's active, but I don't want to get bit. I'm not really a fan of the big abdomens yet, but it's something I'm sure I'll get used to. I really like the size of my pink toe right now. So basically, something a little more colourful.
Get a versicolor ;) Not a sling though lol unless you think you are ready !

CAK

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
You have got to be kidding me????? Get a freakin cat! :mad:

Mr. Tinkletoes

Arachnopeon
Sorry guys but I think I really want the Antilles pinktoe! I'm going to keep this page though. I think caring for another pink toe will definately make me ready for whatever else is out there.

I have two cats ;D

farrisbaharom

Arachnopeon
if i'd just gotten an A metallica, i think i'd add a B Boehmei as a next T.
skittish, some are hair kickers but not defensive.

great eaters too.

i think you'd enjoy lookin at the legs - i sure do.

smallara98

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
You have got to be kidding me????? Get a freakin cat! :mad:
I think your right . Tinkletoes , if you want to poke ts alot , be expecting to get bit . If you dont want to get bit , and want to poke every t you get , I would recommend a hamster or something .

Mr. Tinkletoes

Arachnopeon
I'm not going to be poking them every hour of the day guys. -.- If it's sitting there doing nothing I'm going to give it a little poke and report back here and make sure nothings wrong. I'm a beginner, you can't blame me if I get worried!

Scoolman

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I'm not going to be poking them every hour of the day guys. -.- If it's sitting there doing nothing I'm going to give it a little poke and report back here and make sure nothings wrong. I'm a beginner, you can't blame me if I get worried!
Don't stress Mr Tinkle. Your Ts are fine. They are very sedentary creatures to conserve energy. It is normal for them to remain motionless for hours, even days on end. Also, if they move around too much their prey will be scared off. Instead of poking once in a while just watch for wrinkled or mishapped abdomen, legs being curled under the body, or erratic behavior not in tune with normal activities.
i understand your concern, I am still very nervous about mine as well. Imagine my stress when four of them sealed their burrow for over 8 weeks. One still refuses to surface.

Mr. Tinkletoes

Arachnopeon
Oh dear god yeah thats something I'll have to get around to understanding. I only want the best for them. Thank-you for the signs I should look out for!

Scoolman

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Oh dear god yeah thats something I'll have to get around to understanding. I only want the best for them. Thank-you for the signs I should look out for!
No problem;). Tarantulas are more resilient and intelligent than we give them credit for.