Looking for a second T

Mr. Tinkletoes

Arachnopeon
Hi guys, I just got my new Metallic Pink Toe and I'm already eager to start another aquarium. I made it my goal to purchase another T sometime this month or the next, so I'm asking you, the experts of Arachnoboards, what a good second step would be. I would like something a little larger than the pink toe, but one that won't feel the need to tear me to shreds everytime I get within 5 feet.

Thank-you!

EightLeggedFrea

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
There's lots of options to choose from. I would recommend C. cyaneopubescens, the one T I've been wanting for years. They don't cost an arm and a leg like pulchras (or black roseas as I call them), are very active, have brilliant colors, and grow rapidly.

Scoolman

Arachnolord
Old Timer
There's lots of options to choose from. I would recommend C. cyaneopubescens, the one T I've been wanting for years. They don't cost an arm and a leg like pulchras (or black roseas as I call them), are very active, have brilliant colors, and grow rapidly.
They are actually comparatively priced with pulchras. Adult females might be a bit less, but not much.
A very nice specimen non-the-less.

NikiP

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Well, where do your interest lie? Are you wanting a terrestrial, arboreal, or do you not care either way?

I vote for G. pulchripes for a terrestrial. IMO, they are prettier then G. pulchra, but i'm an oddball :D They can get decently sized.

For an arboreal, they are many other types of Avics, so you could stay in the genus. Avic. purpurea, Avic, versicolor, etc.

CAK

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Well, where do your interest lie? Are you wanting a terrestrial, arboreal, or do you not care either way?

I vote for G. pulchripes for a terrestrial. IMO, they are prettier then G. pulchra, but i'm an oddball :D They can get decently sized.

For an arboreal, they are many other types of Avics, so you could stay in the genus. Avic. purpurea, Avic, versicolor, etc.
I'm going to agree with Niki! Give us some of your interests and let us know what turns your crank, and we can give you some better suggestions.

I love pronounced stripes and prints WAY more than loud color. I have a green bottle blue that doesn't do a darn thing for me! It reminds me of the childhood toy "cooties" But I have some poecilotheria that turns my 36 year old arse into a "geeked up 3rd grade girl"

Now, for a second T... NO POKIES for you! In fact, sometimes I think the GBB might be toomuch. They are lightening fast and turbo fast hair kickers! maybe not. I jumped into the hobby a little differently than most.

Let us know the qualities you prefer and we'll guide you on the rest. :)

Joe - CAK

Chris_Skeleton

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
+1 pulchripes is by far my favorite T. They are extremely docile and colorful. They are WAY prettier than the pulchra IMO.

smallara98

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
+1 pulchripes is by far my favorite T. They are extremely docile and colorful. They are WAY prettier than the pulchra IMO.
+2 pulchra is nice looking , but they dont have stripes or anything and they are just over sized roseas IMO .

KoriTamashii

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I dunno about you, but I think I overpaid HUGELY for my GBB. Still, I like it, it is pretty when it comes out where it can be seen {D

As for color AND friendliness, I'd agree with getting a B. smithi.

smallara98

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I dunno about you, but I think I overpaid HUGELY for my GBB. Still, I like it, it is pretty when it comes out where it can be seen {D

As for color AND friendliness, I'd agree with getting a B. smithi.
How did you pay too much ?

smallara98

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Brachypelma albopilosum enough said. :cool:
I agree with you totally ! My girl is a SWEETHEART ! She will put a pulchra in shame of how nice she is . If I tap her abdomen , she will move to the other side of the enclosure (shes 4.5" , and the cage is a medium KK) in 20 seconds . While other ts can in 2 haha . And the only time she flicks hairs is when shes eating and she feels a vibration .

smallara98

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
For... like... a 2 1/2" unsexed (likely male), it was about $175. :wall:
Was it a breeder , or some RANDOM person ? If you paid so much , he could have forgot to tell you its female . Thats still a ridiculous price though for a 4" female :eek:

Scoolman

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I agree with you totally ! My girl is a SWEETHEART ! She will put a pulchra in shame of how nice she is . If I tap her abdomen , she will move to the other side of the enclosure (shes 4.5" , and the cage is a medium KK) in 20 seconds . While other ts can in 2 haha . And the only time she flicks hairs is when shes eating and she feels a vibration .
I think my big female would contest. When my female G pulchra arrived I noticed some of her legs were not moving naturally. I palmed her and began examining. I had to pin her between my fingers several times (gently of course) to get a good look at the damaged joints, she just wiggled a bit and let me finish my examination. When I finally put her into her new enclosure she just walked down my hand an began exploring her new home.
Hows that for a docile T?

My pulchra have never flicked hairs, unlike smithii.

smallara98

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I think my big female would contest. When my female G pulchra arrived I noticed some of her legs were not moving naturally. I palmed her and began examining. I had to pin her between my fingers several times (gently of course) to get a good look at the damaged joints, she just wiggled a bit and let me finish my examination. When I finally put her into her new enclosure she just walked down my hand an began exploring her new home.
Hows that for a docile T?

My pulchra have never flicked hairs, unlike smithii.
I never said they aren't docile , but I think the albopilosum is the 2nd most laid back , docile t I know . The PZB is first !