looking for a Peruvian Giant Centipede pling...

Theraphosa

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
does anyone know where I can buy a Peruvian Giant Centipede
(Scolopendra sp.) pling?

Henry Kane

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hey Theraphosa. Hate to break it to you but you won't be finding one of those anytime soon. Unfortunately, due to Peruvian Exportation laws Peruvian Giants are very very rare in the hobby. An adult will run 300.00 bucks and up (sometimes WAY up).
Since the adults are so rare, in turn so are any captive breeding efforts. Hopefully, one day someone is successful in producing c/b offspring but the day someone finally does, they will likely run a very high price.

See ya.

Atrax

Theraphosa

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
jeez.. now that's a high price for a Peruvian Giant Centipede.. I hope someone could CB them soon.. but anyway... thanks.. Atrax

Last edited:

Alonso99

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I mentioned this to you earlier Theraposa. Artemio del Rosario I think is the person that is tryng to captive breed them. If he is succesful he might sell some. I do not think they would go as cheap as other plings.

Last edited:

invertepet

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I've heard one dealer got over $500 for one Peruvian at a show... Unbelievable.

bill

Theraphosa

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Originally posted by Alonso99
I mentioned this to you earlier Theraposa. Artemio del Rosario I think is the person that is tryng to captive breed them. If he is succesful he might sell some. I do not think they would go as cheap as other plings.
if he can CB them... tell me about it...

Henry Kane

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Originally posted by invertepet

bill
Tim Delrosario posted one for sale on Petbugs for $1,000.00 once.

Atrax

Phillip

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Yes it was an adult.

Back when I had my 6 incher I was receiving some mighty hefty money offers but decided to trade it for some killer spiders instead. All in all though yes the value on them has skyrocketed since Peru closed. Best trade I ever made. :)

Phil

Mister Internet

Big Meanie Doo Doo Head :)
Arachnosupporter +
Originally posted by invertepet

bill
I dunno.... *I'd* pay $500 for one right now if there was one for sale. Supply and demand... I feel like a broken record... ;)

Theraphosa

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
lol... you must have a lot of bling bling.. $$$ to pay $500 for a centipede... I wouldn't! that is way too much... :) I could buy a lot of plings with $500.. :)

invertepet

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Originally posted by Mister Internet
I dunno.... *I'd* pay $500 for one right now if there was one for sale. Supply and demand... I feel like a broken record... ;)
I'll remember that. Heh... ;)

bill