Looking for a new T for beginners

cold blood

Staff member
Acanthoscurria geniculata
Grammostola actaeon
Nhandu chromatus
Nhandu tripepii
Psalmopoeus cambridgei
That's the choices I'm limited to for now for juveniles unless I go for OW T''s but I've heard there harder to keep and not for new keepers like me. So what you thinking?

all these grow really fast...great choices to get as slings....I never buy larger specimens of fast growers...slings all the way.

I can't message him as his inbox is full and I don't have Facebook to message him but I have got an address for his store so going to chance my luck and go in tomorrow and see what he has
Note;

Any time you bounce a message off a full inbox, the recipient will receive an alert.

Also, you can summon any user to a thread with the @ symbol....as in @KezyGLA

For future reference as he's already here:)
Yeah because having 3 Ts is definetly a push. How do you expect anyone to learn without experience? Since you think youre god i suppose you could just bestow the experience i need? If youre just gawna have cheap digs take youre comments else where
This is the attitude that will result in less help....people see this kind of reaction and think,"why bother helping if it's just going to be misinterpreted and taken negatively". Best not to burn bridges if you want maximum help. Viper is a helpful member here and has been for some time.

Why not say that then instead of bring snied about it?
Being snide is merely your interpretation...you are reading emotions in an otherwise emotionless post.

My G. Pulchripes is still tiny but its a slow grower and ive read it can take nearly 4 years to fully grow
As slings they actually grow pretty quickly..they're always great eaters....they get to about 3" surprisingly quick though....they slow down significantly at that point though as the molt cycles become very extended. One of the all time best species to start with.
N. chromatus was a good choice...they're pretty much exactly what you were looking for.

Andrew Clayton

Arachnobaron
I started with G. Pulchripes but now have a P. Everetti and P. Cambrigei purchased from @KezyGLA. He/she may have meant well but i never asked if i should collect loads of slings so why take it for granted thats what i was doing? Why not ask me the question of my intentions instead of jumping the gun? I would have been happy to let him/her know the score.

Those are some nice Ts

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Yeah because having 3 Ts is definetly a push. How do you expect anyone to learn without experience? Since you think youre god i suppose you could just bestow the experience i need? If youre just gawna have cheap digs take youre comments else where
You may think I'm god by your words above, I can assure you I'm not, nor never claimed to. If you have seen such words in my posts, please provide the data to support your conclusions....

How does one learn? I've been on this board for a long time, and considerably longer in the exotics hobby. I never recommend to new people to amass a bunch of slings, adults etc in a collection.

Why is that? The new person has little practical knowledge. Thus any mistakes the owner is making are being spread across the entire collection. Now that may sound like a crazy idea to you, but it does happen. Those of us who have actually been on this board for a while have observed this. If you diligently read the forum for a decade or so, you may see it too.

In regards to Ts, there are many people who "fall in love" with these animals, obtain a few, and end up killing a few due to husbandry errors. This could have been avoided had they taken the time to actually learn the behavior and biology of the very first T they bought, rather than continue to add to their collection. I'd rather see one T die in the name of inexperience, than many all at once. I know that may sound like a crazy idea too, so be it.

So that's how I think people should obtain experience that is in the best interest of the animals they claim to have fallen in love with, rather than obtain quite a few and potentially subject their entire collection to issues leading to death or injury.

I know that i dont want to rush things, and ive taken advice on board by plenty of other members on here none of which was worded like that there is no need for it simple as that! Plus if i wanted his/her advice i would have asked.
In point of fact you made a post that did not single any person out for a reply. When someone posts, every AB member is free to reply within the bounds of the TOS. If you don't like that policy you may not like this forum.

Oh i wouldnt collect them like skittles you will end up with alot of dead ones haha
If you had more experience on this forum you would know this has happened. Clearly you think I'm crazy, that's fine with me. Good luck with your Ts!

Last edited:

Andrew Clayton

Arachnobaron
You may think I'm god by your words above, I can assure you I'm not, nor never claimed to. If you have seen such words in my posts, please provide the data to support your conclusions....

How does one learn? I've been on this board for a long time, and considerably longer in the exotics hobby. I never recommend to new people to amass a bunch of slings, adults etc in a collection.

Why is that? The new person has little practical knowledge. Thus any mistakes the owner is making are being spread across the entire collection. Now that may sound like a crazy idea to you, but it does happen. Those of us who have actually been on this board for a while have observed this. If you diligently read the forum for a decade or so, you may see it too.

In regards to Ts, there are many people who "fall in love" with these animals, obtain a few, and end up killing a few due to husbandry errors. This could have been avoided had they taken the time to actually learn the behavior and biology of the very first T they bought, rather than continue to add to their collection. I'd rather see one T die in the name of inexperience, than many all at once. I know that may sound like a crazy idea too, so be it.

So that's how I think people should obtain experience that is in the best interest of the animals they claim to have fallen in love with, rather than obtain quite a few and potentially subject their entire collection to issues leading to death or injury.

In point of fact you made a post that did not single any person out for a reply. When someone posts, every AB member is free to reply within the bounds of the TOS. If you don't like that policy you may not like this forum.

If you had more experience on this forum you would know this has happened. Clearly you think I'm crazy, that's fine with me. Good luck with your Ts!
Sorry just seen this been busy last few days. I was just a bit annoyed with the way you worded you're reply to the convo. I was on this forum weeks before I bought my 1st T researching and actually took a lot on board that you have said to other members looking for advice. So I am sorry that it has escalated to this over some miss wording. I hope I can still count on you in the future for advice as you know I'm still new to the hobby but I regard myself as well researched and confident in my knowledge as a Tarantula keeper and hope to be a breeder one day so I don't want to burn bridges with someone with experience like you.

Andrew Clayton

Arachnobaron
if you can get a b.hamorri female or a vagans they are pretty cool to have !
I have a grammastola pulchripes, psalmopeous cambrigei, phormingochilus everetti and lasiodora parahybana. I have a chromatopelma cyaneopubescens in my sights lol I don't know why but for some reason I don't seem to be interested in the brachypelma genus

Bob Len

Arachnosquire
I have a grammastola pulchripes, psalmopeous cambrigei, phormingochilus everetti and lasiodora parahybana. I have a chromatopelma cyaneopubescens in my sights lol I don't know why but for some reason I don't seem to be interested in the brachypelma genus
Brachypelmas are great though.

Misa

Arachnopeon
Brachypelma Albiceps?