Looking for a new T for beginners

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
Figured you could answer this. Btw how many spiders do u have??
Currently 69 (would've been 70 but I had a DOA yesterday and the replacement won't be getting shipped out until January)

Does tarantulas Glasgow have a store I'm only 15 minutes from Glasgow City Centre ive just went and ordered another from tss but won't be here till after the new year.
If you speak to him then I'm sure he'd be willing to arrange collection instead of shipping if you live close by.

Last edited by a moderator:

Andrew Clayton

Arachnobaron
Check out So Many Legs, Tarantulas Glasgow (either on FB or speak to @KezyGLA on here) or Portsmouth Tarantulas. All an absolute pleasure to deal with, they also tend to have a much better selection of sexed tarantulas than The Spider Shop (don't buy unsexed juveniles from TSS, you will almost certainly get males).
If you speak to him then I'm sure he'd be willing to arrange collection instead of shipping if you live close by.
I can't message him as his inbox is full and I don't have Facebook to message him but I have got an address for his store so going to chance my luck and go in tomorrow and see what he has

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
I can't message him as his inbox is full and I don't have Facebook to message him but I have got an address for his store so going to chance my luck and go in tomorrow and see what he has
Since he was tagged in this thread, I'm certain that he will read that.

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
Hey. I have just seen this thread.

You are more than welcome to message me here or throught the facebook page. I will clear some space in my inbox just now if you want to do it here.

If I have any stock that you are interested in, you are also welcome to stop by.

Andrew Clayton

Arachnobaron
Hey. I have just seen this thread.

You are more than welcome to message me here or throught the facebook page. I will clear some space in my inbox just now if you want to do it here.

If I have any stock that you are interested in, you are also welcome to stop by.
I don't have a Facebook account but I've had a look on you're page think I'm going to drop in tomorrow what are you're opening times

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
I don't have a Facebook account but I've had a look on you're page think I'm going to drop in tomorrow what are you're opening times
I dont own a premises. I am only a breeder and not a store. But you are welcome to my home. I can arrange with you through inbox ;)

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Would be wise of the OP to actually learn more about Ts instead of collecting them like Skittles. People who are new, with a lot of slings, often end up with a lot of dead slings.

Andrew Clayton

Arachnobaron
Would be wise of the OP to actually learn more about Ts instead of collecting them like Skittles. People who are new, with a lot of slings, often end up with a lot of dead slings.
Yeah because having 3 Ts is definetly a push. How do you expect anyone to learn without experience? Since you think youre god i suppose you could just bestow the experience i need? If youre just gawna have cheap digs take youre comments else where

Rigor Mortis

Arachnobaron
Yeah because having 3 Ts is definetly a push. How do you expect anyone to learn without experience? Since you think youre god i suppose you could just bestow the experience i need? If youre just gawna have cheap digs take youre comments else where
Hey now, that's not what they meant. I think they just meant the general idea is to not overload yourself, that's all.

Rigor Mortis

Arachnobaron
Why not say that then instead of bring snied about it?
Well personally I've found a lot of very well-meaning comments/lots of well-meaning advice sounds kinda cold when it's just blank text. I doubt viper69 meant it that way. Basically it's just that you don't want to rush into getting many more than a small handful of spiders as a new keeper, since even having just one is a learning experience in and of itself.

Andrew Clayton

Arachnobaron
Well personally I've found a lot of very well-meaning comments/lots of well-meaning advice sounds kinda cold when it's just blank text. I doubt viper69 meant it that way. Basically it's just that you don't want to rush into getting many more than a small handful of spiders as a new keeper, since even having just one is a learning experience in and of itself.
I know that i dont want to rush things, and ive taken advice on board by plenty of other members on here none of which was worded like that there is no need for it simple as that! Plus if i wanted his/her advice i would have asked.

sschind

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
That's why I buy slings instead of adults. You can fit so many more into a handful even if it is a small one.

RonC

Arachnopeon
How many do you have? I just like the idea of the big 20cm+ ones probably in the future I will buy others but now I just want the big guys
I only have 5 at the moment. G.pulchripes, G.pulchra, B.Hamorii, B.albopolosum, A.moderatum. Smallest being about 12mm and the largest about 35-40mm. They have a ways to go.

Andrew Clayton

Arachnobaron
I only have 5 at the moment. G.pulchripes, G.pulchra, B.Hamorii, B.albopolosum, A.moderatum. Smallest being about 12mm and the largest about 35-40mm. They have a ways to go.
Ive just got a P. Everetti about 30mm dls and a P. Cambrigei thats just about 40mm from @KezyGLA there fast but seem to be quite calm at this size. Going to be fun when there bigger lol. My G. Pulchripes is still tiny but its a slow grower and ive read it can take nearly 4 years to fully grow