Looking for a new spider!

4tec84

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hey guys
I have had my tarantula for a month now, i been feedin it alot of crickets. Now i have enough money to buy a new one. Since i already have a blue spider i need a red one. Where can i get a red tarantule and pictures of it?

mikeymo

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
do a google search for Cyclosternum fasciatum and then one for Brachypelma emilia. see if those tickle your fancy

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Or possibly...

Brachypelma smithi
Brachypelma boehemi
actually any of the Brachys

or maybe..

Pterinochilus murinus(its actually orange).

Btw, whats your first T?

Mushroom Spore

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Ts can't over eat.
They can, however, become obese, which is a whole 'nother set of problems. They operate on a "eat everything you can while you can, because you may not see food again for six months" mentality, which can DEFINITELY lead to overeating in captivity if somebody's feeding them heavily.

Besides powerfeeding speeding up the molting process and shortening the lifespan, there's also the risk of molting problems and increased likelihood of cracking the abdomen if they climb and fall.

4tec84

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I like the Avicularia versicolor it look very hairy and i love the color. How much do they cost? And can people ship live animal threw mail?
Novak, i dont know what kinda spider i have. But it is blue and white.

Tunedbeat

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Here's a few more, tapinauchenius gigas,psalmopoeus reduncus,aphonopelma crinirufum. And yes, people can ship live Ts. If i remember correctly, you have a male Poecilotheria Metallica. If you like, i can trade a few of my red Ts for your blue one. ;)

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
They can, however, become obese, which is a whole 'nother set of problems. They operate on a "eat everything you can while you can, because you may not see food again for six months" mentality, which can DEFINITELY lead to overeating in captivity if somebody's feeding them heavily.

Besides powerfeeding speeding up the molting process and shortening the lifespan, there's also the risk of molting problems and increased likelihood of cracking the abdomen if they climb and fall.
True, but they still know when to stop. , especially if they see food everyday or every other day. The only problem with a T being obese is that they can fall and rupture their abdomens, there are ways to prevent that if you feed your Ts alot though. I don't really see any other problems with it.

Powerfeeding of some species wouldn't really matter: Grammostola, Aphonopelma, or Brachypelma spp. all grow slow and their lifespan is long regardless so why not powerfeed them to grow up and show their beautiful colors.

phil jones

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I like the Avicularia versicolor it look very hairy and i love the color. How much do they cost? And can people ship live animal threw mail?
its blue and white ? :? :confused: you lost me what can it be ? **** phil

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer

Hm.. interesting, how big is it? WHere did you get it? And if you can, get a pic.

Oh and if you can't get a picture, try to desctibe it to your best ability.

Pink_tarantula

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i'd say get a mexican red rump
WOW!!! i have four my adult is jet black but herr rump is a jolting ANGE-RED
AND THEY ARE MILD LIKE A MEX RED-KNEE

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
i'd say get a mexican red rump
WOW!!! i have four my adult is jet black but herr rump is a jolting ANGE-RED
AND THEY ARE MILD LIKE A MEX RED-KNEE

You are lucky then, all Brachypelma vagans I have came into contact with are not mild. Extreme hair kickers and very skittish. Even slings portray this act.

4tec84

Arachnosquire
Old Timer

spider_fan

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I thought he might have meant the gooty when he said blue and white. Either this is a joke topic or he has no idea of the gold mine he has in his terrarium.

spider_fan

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Look at his post history, there is a pic of it in his "sex my spider" thread.

mikeymo

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
anyone else find themself huming "some guys have all the luck" by rod stewart?