Looking for a new scorp..

Bob the thief

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I have a new container empty and I was looking for a dry conditon scorp , anyone know of a good one that perferably wont kill me..

*I already have a few blacktop desert hairys*

I was thinking scorpio maurus , but I hear they die easily

Wade

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Opistophthalmus species are good, as are Hadrogenes (flat rocks). Both of those are large, desert/scrubland species (with different requirements, one burrows while the other lives in crevices).

Wade

Baphomet

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I agree with Wade and his suggestion of:

Hadogenes - Flat Rock
Opistophthalmus - African Burrowing

I would also like to suggest:

Hadrurus - Giant Hairy
Scorpio maurus - Gold Scorpion

steve055

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
You could also try a commual scorp if your looking for something new. Maybe C. Vittatus or C. Exilicauda (hotter than most of the other scops listed, but probabaly not life threating). I have kept C. Vittatus and it was my best display scorp. It was alway in the open. I kept them dry w/ a water dish misted lightly once every 1-2 weeks. Mine seems to love to climb alway staying at the top of some vertical strips of bark. C. Exilicauda would be kept in about the same setup.

Kugellager

ArachnoJester of the Ancient Ones
Arachnosupporter
H.spadix and H.arizonensis are also excellent dry keeping scorpions that won't kill you.

John
];')

Bob the thief

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Originally posted by Kugellager
H.spadix and H.arizonensis are also excellent dry keeping scorpions that won't kill you.

John
];')
I already have a few ;P
I was thinkinf Scorpio maurus but I hear they are quite fragile enviorment wise?

Kugellager

ArachnoJester of the Ancient Ones
Arachnosupporter
I have not kept one but I have heard the same thing about Scorpio maurus. Plus they are on the expensive side in the US$35-50 from what I have seen.

John
];')