looking for a new pet

theWayden

Arachnopeon
Hey guys im new to the forums and im looking for a good starter species of scorpions. Something fairly easy to care for and is somewhat smaller then the emperors. Is there a species similar to flat rock scorpions but smaller? I really like the look of the flat rocks and would prefer to get something similar, any ideas?

GS

Arachnoknight
Hi there,
hmnn how about Liocheles Waigiensis?

(Sry for typo in the picture)

[YOUTUBE]LPeDiQOLOLo[/YOUTUBE]

scorpionmom

Arachnobaron
Yeah, I'd also say Liocheles Waigiensis. I have heard they are also parthenogenetic. Good luck!;)

compnerd7

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Yeah, I'd also say Liocheles Waigiensis. I have heard they are also parthenogenetic. Good luck!;)
That is a good suggestion. I personally would suggest vaejovis spinigerus, that was my first 4 scorps ( kept em together ) lots of fun to watch, small and easy to take care but most of all extremely active.

GS

Arachnoknight
Don't think they are parthenogenetic like Liocheles australasiae, but it'll be cool thou :)

theWayden

Arachnopeon
yea those look pretty sick! ill have to look into those guys more. thanks for all your replies!

theWayden

Arachnopeon
so ive been looking around different websites and i cant really find many that sell this particular species... does anyone have any recommended breeders of this species?

scorpionmom

Arachnobaron
so ive been looking around different websites and i cant really find many that sell this particular species... does anyone have any recommended breeders of this species?
Really?:rolleyes:;):D I don't know of any. I know it's annoying but the best thing you can do is be patient and keep your eyes on the Classifieds section.
Good luck!;)

AzJohn

Arachnoking
Old Timer
kbekker sales the closely related Liocheles australasiae. They are parthenogenic. I haven't seen an add from him in a while, maybe no babies for sale. You might want to PM him.