Looking for a new enclosure for G. Rosea!

Flutterbat

Arachnopeon
Hello! I am fairly new to this and own only one T, and adorable little G. Rosea! I need a new enclosure soon for her though. What I am using now is.. Too large. Its a 20 gallon tank with a small divider, giving her about 8 gallons, but it is still much to large for her. Any and all recommendations are welcome!! If I every gen an arboreal I will use my larger tank, but for now I need something small.

shining

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Hello! I am fairly new to this and own only one T, and adorable little G. Rosea! I need a new enclosure soon for her though. What I am using now is.. Too large. Its a 20 gallon tank with a small divider, giving her about 8 gallons, but it is still much to large for her. Any and all recommendations are welcome!! If I every gen an arboreal I will use my larger tank, but for now I need something small.
First of all, not everyone knows the size of your G. rosea. How big is it?

Flutterbat

Arachnopeon
Can anyone tell how big that G. rosea is from that pic? I sure can't. Those half logs come in different sizes and so does the clumps of substrate.
Well I'm sorry. I'm at work and thats my only pic. If I knew I was going to get a rude response I honestly wouldn't have opened this thread. I'll just make my own and hope for the best I guess.

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
Once you know its diagonal leg span you will need an enclosure that is twice the width of the leg span, three times the leg span long and at least 2 times the leg span in height.

I believe Exo Terra faunariums(Europe) or Kritter Keepers (US) are cheap and do the job well.

I kept my adult C. Porteri in a Komodo Nano terrainium. I taped the underside of the screen top around the boarders to stop it having an upside down climb and reducing the chance of injury.

shining

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Well I'm sorry. I'm at work and thats my only pic. If I knew I was going to get a rude response I honestly wouldn't have opened this thread. I'll just make my own and hope for the best I guess.
Rude? I was not being rude. I was asking for someone else's opinion because I can't tell the size of your T. Help us help you.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
There was nothing rude about @shining response at all. The person looked at your pic and stated FACTS about 2 different hobby products, and based on his/her knowledge of the products concluded the size of your T couldn't be determined with any accuracy. And Shining is right.

I can't tell the size of your T either, but I would put it in the ExoTerra Breeding Box, which size, I can't tell because you have no provided the size of your T.

You want something that is 1.5x the DLS of the T to protect it from injury/falls.

The Habisphere would not be suitable unless

1. You fill it up with substrate so there is 1.5x DLS between substrate and container lid
2. The lid locks on top.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
at least 2 times the leg span in height.
It should no more than 1.5X, or if forced, 2X DLS. The way you have it worded implies to the reader the terrestrial setup should be a minimum of 2X DLS. Which implies it could be quite tall, and I know that you know distances greater than 1.5/2.0X can cause injury.

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
It should no more than 1.5X, or if forced, 2X DLS. The way you have it worded implies to the reader the terrestrial setup should be a minimum of 2X DLS. Which implies it could be quite tall, and I know that you know distances greater than 1.5/2.0X can cause injury.
Thanks. I meant the total enclosure height should be at the very least 2x DLS in order to provide enough substrate for burrowing. If the enclosure is taller than 2x DLS then there should only be 1.5x the DLS from substrate top to the lid/top of the enclosure to reduce risk of climbing injury.

TarantulasWorld

Arachnosquire
the most you will need is a ;arge sized kritter keeper for your Tarantula. Even at adult size a G.rosea does not need much to be happy. Good luck!