Looking for a legit web or breder

Status
Not open for further replies.

sasker

Arachnoprince
I don't think anyone on this forum knows any breeders or sellers in Puerto Rico, unless they are from Puerto Rico. Sorry, I can't help you.

Have you tried the eBay equivalent in your country? Or any more local tarantula forums?

Brachyfan

Deactivated account
I tried to do an internet search to find laws in Puerto Rico and couldn't find any pertaining to spider species. And I couldn't find any breeders either. Might be worth calling the import people to see if it is legal to have tarantulas. You probably could just import from the US if it is legal to keep them. There is no info online about this.

Arthroverts

Arachnoking
I am not sure of Puerto Rico's import laws, but as other's mentioned above, I would suggest trying to find a reputable international seller if it is legal for you to import. I've heard good things about MyHomeNature in Hong Kong.

Thanks,

Arthroverts

AzJohn

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Puerto Rico is subject to US custom laws. So, you Would need an import license and arrange for inspections at a port of entry etc.... I did a quick search and found a lot of other requirements for livestock and other animals needed to import cows, horses, chickens and other animals. I imagine it’s kind of like Hawaii and that nonnative inverts might not be welcomed. Your best bet would be to try and contact other hobbiest their and find out what they are doing. Their are a few tarantula native to the island.

Last edited:
the thing is that illegal animals arrive here
I don't know how but they do
Always by mail

I'm think running the chance of buying one from ebay
What u think guys?

Last edited by a moderator:

Arthroverts

Arachnoking
Because when a few people break the law, the whole hobby gets a bad rap for it and it can lead to more restrictions.
I don't know your situation, but I would HIGHLY advise you to go the legal route. If you get caught brown-boxing (illegally importing), you can end up on the government's list and they can confiscate your collection or prohibit you from getting more invertebrates. At least that is my understanding of it.

Thanks,

Arthroverts

NukaMedia Exotics

#1 Tarantula Vendor in the USA! Ships Nationwide.
the thing is that illegal animals arrive here
I don't know how but they do
Always by mail

I'm think running the chance of buying one from ebay
What u think guys?
Buying a tarantula on eBay is a terrible idea, if you can even find someone selling live tarantulas on there (which I'm pretty sure you can't)...

Status
Not open for further replies.